2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

14 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, it really revolves around DLo. I think there will be a point where everyone is healthy and motivated and DLo can work with steph and Klay at the same time. But if they like Edwards more than I wouldn’t hate it. He’d probably be a better fit in pretty much every way. I do think steph does his best work when their are two other ball handlers all the floor (Iggy, Dray, KD,,Shaun..eventually DLo) but replacing DLo with Edwards then gives them the chance to poach a really good big man with DLo, just not sure who they would want to grab.  

edit. But If they can’t get wiseman and they don’t want t love DLo, McDaniels feels obvious.

I honestly think you guys are going to flip DLo + the pick for KAT. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nayad said:

I'd rather just flip D-lo for Covington or Gordon and draft Wiseman if we had the option tbh. 

I wouldn't mind holding onto t he pick at all. In fact, that's definitely what I want. But Flipping Dlo for a 3&D wing is such a bad idea. DLo is a unique player and he needs to be valued as such.  His skillset is rare and 3&D wings (even an "elite" one) are much more common compared to someone like him. 

19 hours ago, nayad said:

I'd rather just flip D-lo for Covington or Gordon and draft Wiseman if we had the option tbh. 

Flip a 23 year old fringe All-Star level player who you control for the next three seasons for Robert Covington? Why? 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Flip a 23 year old fringe All-Star level player who you control for the next three seasons for Robert Covington? Why? 

He's the best 3 & D role player in basketball. That's probably why.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Terrible return for D'Angelo Russell though. 

Not really. D-Lo's value isn't anything special. Like that move is significantly more accurate than Russell + Warriors FRP for Towns. That offer would get laughed at.

Edited by Bullet Club

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Not really. D-Lo's value isn't anything special. Like that move is significantly more accurate than Russell + Warriors FRP for Towns. That offer would get laughed at.

And I'm sure a Covington for D-Lo swap would be laughed at as well. The salaries don't even come close to matching up. And DLo is certainly a more valuable piece than Covington. 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

To get out of cap hell with a championship roster. really that simple, to have the ability to sign free agents who can contribute is the other benefit of moving D-lo. 

Covington/Gordon fit a pretty crucial hole on this team though Pachall might have some of that skillset, we'll have to see when the splash bros are back. 

3 minutes ago, nayad said:

To get out of cap hell with a championship roster. really that simple, to have the ability to sign free agents who can contribute is the other benefit of moving D-lo. 

Covington/Gordon fit a pretty crucial hole on this team though Pachall might have some of that skillset, we'll have to see when the splash bros are back. 

How are you going to get out of cap hell with that move though? The Warriors would likely have to take back Dieng too so they'd be in a similar cap situation. 

2 hours ago, John232 said:

I wouldn't mind holding onto t he pick at all. In fact, that's definitely what I want. But Flipping Dlo for a 3&D wing is such a bad idea. DLo is a unique player and he needs to be valued as such.  His skillset is rare and 3&D wings (even an "elite" one) are much more common compared to someone like him. 

I get wanting to get the most value for him, but I mostly just want to see a roster that is capable of winning it all. I dont just want a 3 and D wing, but a guy who can guard Bron, Kahwi, PG, Luka, and Zion for the forseable future

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How are you going to get out of cap hell with that move though? The Warriors would likely have to take back Dieng too so they'd be in a similar cap situation. 

Im not that educated on the how everything balances out, but if Iggy's 17m trade exception was a part of this wouldnt it work?

Or find another team to participate. Idono i havent thought it through that much 

Edited by nayad

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And I'm sure a Covington for D-Lo swap would be laughed at as well. The salaries don't even come close to matching up. And DLo is certainly a more valuable piece than Covington. 

Outside of making the salaries match it's a fairly realistic deal. Russell is more valuable but not by a huge amount. An extra expiring and first would do it.