Jump to content
NYRaider

2020 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

It's never too early to start, right? We'll use this thread to discuss prospects for the next 362+ days. It's not a great class but I do like Anthony Edwards, Cole Anthony, James Wiseman, Isaiah Stewart and a few other prospects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people are projecting Melo Ball as a top 5-10 pick, but I just don't see it at all. He's not very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure we'll have another 1st round pick but it wouldn't surprise me if Jahmius Ramsey was that dude. Straight bulldog.

2 other guys who could get drafted are Virginia Tech transfer F Chris Clarke and G Kyler Edwards. Edwards has a lot to work on but he might be our best shooter and if he takes a Culver-like leap...

Clarke is a 6'6" combo forward who can handle the ball, defend and rebound. He reminds me of Jae Crowder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best 2 or 3 available who can shoot please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's never too early to start, right? We'll use this thread to discuss prospects for the next 362+ days. It's not a great class but I do like Anthony Edwards, Cole Anthony, James Wiseman, Isaiah Stewart and a few other prospects. 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Best 2 or 3 available who can shoot please.

Best case scenario you end up with Anthony Edwards. He's going to be a stud and would be an excellent fit with Ja/JJJ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LaMelo Ball has been putting on a show in the Drew League. It'll be interesting to see where he's selected next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 10:39 AM, NYRaider said:

A lot of people are projecting Melo Ball as a top 5-10 pick, but I just don't see it at all. He's not very good. 

He's huge and a really good passer. Besides that, idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He's huge and a really good passer. Besides that, idk.

He's also a much better shooter than Lonzo was at this stage in their careers.

I don't think he's going to be amazing, but I would be shocked if he flamed out of the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's also a much better shooter than Lonzo was at this stage in their careers.

LOL what? He shot 34% from 3 at Spire, 27% from 3 in the JBA, and 25% from 3 when he played in Europe for a season. He can’t shoot.

I’d compare him to a MCW/Austin Rivers hybrid.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/30/lamelo-ball-horrid-3-point-range-junior-basketball-association/747900002/

He had a stretch in the JBA where he missed 16 threes in a row and was 3-32 from deep in like 5 or 6 games.

ETA: Lonzo shot 45% from 3 during his senior season and 41% from 3 at UCLA.

Edited by NYRaider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 1:58 PM, DalCowboyzRule said:

Clarke is a 6'6" combo forward who can handle the ball, defend and rebound. He reminds me of Jae Crowder.

Not a bad comparison except Jae can shoot threes and you don't want Clarke doing that. That'll be the biggest hiccup for him in the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

LOL what? He shot 34% from 3 at Spire, 27% from 3 in the JBA, and 25% from 3 when he played in Europe for a season. He can’t shoot.

I’d compare him to a MCW/Austin Rivers hybrid.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/30/lamelo-ball-horrid-3-point-range-junior-basketball-association/747900002/

He had a stretch in the JBA where he missed 16 threes in a row and was 3-32 from deep in like 5 or 6 games.

ETA: Lonzo shot 45% from 3 during his senior season and 41% from 3 at UCLA.

The hate is real. LaMelo Ball is the best young player in basketball. He’s gonna tear up the league. Don’t be a jealous hater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, NYRaider said:

A lot of people are projecting Melo Ball as a top 5-10 pick, but I just don't see it at all. He's not very good. 

LaMelo or Liangelo...? LaMelo sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LaMelo doesn't suck. Is he flawed? Sure, but he's also super young and hasn't even turned 17 years old yet. His vision and passing for his age is pretty damn spectacular. This guy is going to be a lottery pick in next year's draft. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LaMelo doesn't suck. Is he flawed? Sure, but he's also super young and hasn't even turned 17 years old yet. His vision and passing for his age is pretty damn spectacular. This guy is going to be a lottery pick in next year's draft. 

 

NVM. I thought LiAngelo was the youngest one. 

The youngest brother is a fairly decent player. Middle brother is the one who's hot garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...