Free Agent Smart/Stupid Tracker

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I can agree with most of that. But Mitchell is never really on ball........? Not from what I saw lol. 

I think on paper the offense looks better. I think Rudy will create an elite defense regardless of who is around him. But I just don’t think they are a lock to jump a level up - we'll see. 

He's on ball but he also wasn't exclusively on ball and was extremely productive playing off of other playmakers during the last two seasons. 

We replaced two non-scorers/shooters with an elite PG and an elite shooter that showed he can be a 20+ ppg guy for a playoff team. People don't realize how poorly constructed our roster was or how little help Mitchell had offensively. Ingles was our #2 option and now he's like our #5 option and we have the playmaking and shooting to execute Snyder's system. But again, I love the doubt, because IMO we're clearly the best team in the West heading into next season. 

Not sure how you could have doubts about our offense being better when we replaced terrible offensive players with studs. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Davis is an elite backup C.

No one on this forum will ever respect Utah or give us credit. But they'll see next season, we're going to be a contender and if we stay healthy we have a very good chance to come out of the Western Conference. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

No one on this forum will ever respect Utah or give us credit. But they'll see next season, we're going to be a contender and if we stay healthy we have a very good chance to come out of the Western Conference. 

Top 2 team in the West.

Conley, Bogdanovic, and Davis were great pickups. Don't like Green or Mudiay, but hopefully they don't play much.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Top 2 team in the West.

Conley, Bogdanovic, and Davis were great pickups. Don't like Green or Mudiay, but hopefully they don't play much.

Mudiay will replace Raul Neto as our third string PG, he's not expected to have much of a role. And Green will definitely be in the rotation from what I've read he's going to battle with Royce O'Neale to be the starting 4 so we can use Ingles as the 6th man/playmaker with the 2nd unit. Either way in crunch time we'll roll with Conley - Mitchell - Ingles - Bogdanovic - Gobert. 

The thing I love about this team is that we're built for the modern NBA now. Our roster last year would've been good in the 1990's but a two big lineup just doesn't work if neither guy is skilled enough to play on the perimeter. Now we have two elite playmaking guards with Conley/Spida, a variety of athletic/versatile wings with Exum/O'Neale/Ingles/Green/Bogdanovic, and an elite rim protecting big in Gobert anchoring our defense. 

Edited by NYRaider

It's all lip service and talking.  Nobody on that Utah roster (unless I'm mistaken) is a proven winner or a game changing type of player.  Crowning a team like that as the best team in the conference is just laughable.  It's seriously not disrespect, it's the fact that they haven't proven anything and those guys really have no track record.  Team is going to get bounced from the post season just like they do every single year.  No Finals for them.  It's just not happening.  Good team, though.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's on ball but he also wasn't exclusively on ball and was extremely productive playing off of other playmakers during the last two seasons. 

We replaced two non-scorers/shooters with an elite PG and an elite shooter that showed he can be a 20+ ppg guy for a playoff team. People don't realize how poorly constructed our roster was or how little help Mitchell had offensively. Ingles was our #2 option and now he's like our #5 option and we have the playmaking and shooting to execute Snyder's system. But again, I love the doubt, because IMO we're clearly the best team in the West heading into next season. 

Not sure how you could have doubts about our offense being better when we replaced terrible offensive players with studs. 

Utah was a top 3/4 team in the west last year. They are getting a ton of love. Of course you think they are clearly a top 2 team. We'll see. I could definitely see the Nuggets winning more games than them and the Jazz being a mid seed again. I def think they are better built for the playoffs 

35 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's all lip service and talking.  Nobody on that Utah roster (unless I'm mistaken) is a proven winner or a game changing type of player.  Crowning a team like that as the best team in the conference is just laughable.  It's seriously not disrespect, it's the fact that they haven't proven anything and those guys really have no track record.  Team is going to get bounced from the post season just like they do every single year.  No Finals for them.  It's just not happening.  Good team, though.

No one is a proven winner yet Mitchell led us to the playoffs in his first two years with almost no help offensively. Yet you're a Lakers/LeBron fanboy and you guys couldn't even crack .500 with LeBron. Is AD a proven winner? Dude has made the playoffs as many times as Mitchell in 7 years in the league. You giving zero explanation as to why Utah isn't good enough to get over the hump despite transforming their roster is laughable and proves that you're a hater and unknowledgeable. Lakers might not even make the playoffs next year, like they always haven't for almost a decade now. Lmao. 

Also to say that Mitchell is not a game-changing type of player? Dude was hurt all summer and had to work himself into shape. From January until April he averaged like 25/5/5 on good efficiency and kept a terrible offensive team in the playoff hunt. Conley isn't a game-changing player? He's one of the best two way players in the league? Gobert isn't a game-changing type of player? Dude is the most impactful defensive player in the entire NBA... Just stop talking anything Jazz basketball, clearly you only watch LeBron and aren't a true fan of basketball or if you are then you have no clue what you're talking about. 

Edited by NYRaider

27 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Utah was a top 3/4 team in the west last year. They are getting a ton of love. Of course you think they are clearly a top 2 team. We'll see. I could definitely see the Nuggets winning more games than them and the Jazz being a mid seed again. I def think they are better built for the playoffs 

We were a top 3/4 team in the West last year with one of the most poorly constructed rosters in the NBA. We started 2 centers, a PG that couldn't shoot/score at all, and Joe Ingles was our #2 option offensively. I agree that Denver is also an elite team and I'd say they're the best team in the West and Utah is the 2nd best team in the West heading into the year. Both teams have dynamic backcourts, a ton of depth, a great coach, and a star player. Will be interesting to see how everything shakes out. It's just annoying that everyone on here downplays our offseason. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No one is a proven winner yet Mitchell led us to the playoffs in his first two years with almost no help offensively. Yet you're a Lakers/LeBron fanboy and you guys couldn't even crack .500 with LeBron. Is AD a proven winner? Dude has made the playoffs as many times as Mitchell in 7 years in the league. You giving zero explanation as to why Utah isn't good enough to get over the hump despite transforming their roster is laughable and proves that you're a hater and unknowledgeable. Lakers might not even make the playoffs next year, like they always haven't for almost a decade now. Lmao. 

Also to say that Mitchell is not a game-changing type of player? Dude was hurt all summer and had to work himself into shape. From January until April he averaged like 25/5/5 on good efficiency and kept a terrible offensive team in the playoff hunt. Conley isn't a game-changing player? He's one of the best two way players in the league? Gobert isn't a game-changing type of player? Dude is the most impactful defensive player in the entire NBA... Just stop talking anything Jazz basketball, clearly you only watch LeBron and aren't a true fan of basketball or if you are then you have no clue what you're talking about. 

You sure did get awfully defensive.  Yes, Mike Conley isn't a game changing player and neither is Donovan Mitchell and his 30% shooting in the postseason.  Both of those guys are good players, but not life changing.  LeBron and Anthony Davis are those type of players.  How am I a LeBron and Lakers fan boy?  That makes no sense.  You're talking about me and not the topic.  You seem pretty upset.  I haven't said a single thing about you personally, yet you resort to that when talking to me.  If you're going to continue to do that, then there's no sense in responding to what you write to me. 

I'm a Sonics fan and our team got taken away from us.  I could don't care if the Jazz or any other team make it to the Finals.  I don't have anything against Utah or the Lakers.  I'm not invested in either team. 

23 minutes ago, showtime said:

You sure did get awfully defensive.  Yes, Mike Conley isn't a game changing player and neither is Donovan Mitchell and his 30% shooting in the postseason.  Both of those guys are good players, but not life changing.  LeBron and Anthony Davis are those type of players.  How am I a LeBron and Lakers fan boy?  That makes no sense.  You're talking about me and not the topic.  You seem pretty upset.  I haven't said a single thing about you personally, yet you resort to that when talking to me.  If you're going to continue to do that, then there's no sense in responding to what you write to me. 

I'm a Sonics fan and our team got taken away from us.  I could careless if the Jazz or any other team make it to the Finals.  I don't have anything against Utah or the Lakers.  I'm not invested in either team. 

Anthony Davis is that type of player yet has only made the postseason 2 times in 7 years and his team has never even won 50+ games? How is that an elite difference maker? He had All-Star level talent around him in New Orleans too... Hm... 

Donavan Mitchell had zero help in the postseason last year. Ingles was worn down from playing PG, Rubio was mentally checked out, and we had literally no one else that could score so the Rockets keyed in on him. It's difficult to win when you're the focal point and don't have a second option that can consistently score. Ask LeBron who went 28-27 when he was on the floor last year or AD who went 25-31 when he was on the floor last year. Hell James Harden shot sub .400 against us in that series, is he a terrible player too?

During the 2nd half of the season (when he was actually healthy, Jan-April [44 games]) Mitchell averaged 26.5 ppg | 4.5 rpg | 4.8 apg on 45% FG and 42% 3FG. As a second year player that's absolutely unreal especially considering that we had no other offensive weapons and defenses were keyed in on him. Furthermore, Mitchell averaged 24 ppg on the season and became only the 4th player in the last 20 years to average 20+ ppg and be the leading scorer on a playoff team as a 2nd-year player. The other 3 players to do it? LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Blake Griffin. So to say he's not a game-changing player despite what he has done so early in his career is a joke. 

Edited by NYRaider

51 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm a Sonics fan and our team got taken away from us.  I could don't care if the Jazz or any other team make it to the Finals.  I don't have anything against Utah or the Lakers.  I'm not invested in either team. 

You might have been a Sonics fan but you sure do get defensive over the Lakers...

• Like 1