Jump to content
Adrenaline_Flux

~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Summerslam Weekend BAY BAY! ~~\\~~

Recommended Posts

The LBC    136
17 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I'm a Roman fan, but he ain't ready to go toe to toe with Cena.

 

In order for Roman to reach his peak, he needs to be more like Brock; say less and have it be about fighting.

 

hes not smart/quick enough to be like Cena, Rock, Jericho and it shows

Engh.  He's can't digest scripts well.  I don't know if you ever saw any of his FCW promos (where it was clear he was just shooting from the hip or at the very least just given bulletpoints to hit) but he was good (not passable, like actually good) when he's not scripted.  But while he may be Vince's "new Cena" he still hasn't earned (in Vince's mind) the carte blanche that Cena gets to go out there and not be given a script to follow.  I just find it funny that they're actually scripting him to swear because they know the swearing gets pops/reactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pollino14    22
5 hours ago, The LBC said:

Engh.  He's can't digest scripts well.  I don't know if you ever saw any of his FCW promos (where it was clear he was just shooting from the hip or at the very least just given bulletpoints to hit) but he was good (not passable, like actually good) when he's not scripted.  But while he may be Vince's "new Cena" he still hasn't earned (in Vince's mind) the carte blanche that Cena gets to go out there and not be given a script to follow.  I just find it funny that they're actually scripting him to swear because they know the swearing gets pops/reactions.

I'm not sure that ALL of Reigns' promos are scripted. I think a lot of his stuff with Cena has been reactive and off the hip. The stuff about him being the guy is obviously , but I do feel like he has a lot of freedom in many cases and resorts to his juvenile humor/ grade school insults .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Tapout was weak. Reaches for the rope he was close to, decides to turn his body away from the ropes and tap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pollino14    22

I love both tag teams, one of my biggest pet peeves is hot potato with titles . Hate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PARROTHEAD    49

Last 45 mins of a 2 hour show saw a 3 minute match.

I was hoping to see a Austin type transformation for the future of Owens. But hes heeling it up all the way it would seem. Nice to see some aggression and storytelling in a feud.  Have it for this one, had it in Joe/Brock. Hopefully they continue to pop up.

But regardless. The actual amount of wrestling on WWE is abysmal. Instead of cramming in 3 title matches, have one 20-25 minute match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a great chance for the WWE to go with a McMahon vs owens feud for the long term. I have a feeling that maybe it will end with the Hell in the cell, but I think they can go further.

Here is how i would handle it, it kind of repeats some of the same stuff the WWE has done for years, but hey why not.

Shane vs Owens at HITC, add the stipulation that if Shane wins, Owens is fired and if Owens wins he becomes the GM of smackdown live. Owens wins

Owens rules smackdown for a few months, making impossible matches for guys like Zayn, Styles and anyone else he doesnt like. Have him book himself in a match with Mahal and win the belt. 

As we get to Survivor Series HHH shows back up, gives the spill about how he gave Owens the universal title and he threw it all away, and what not, and HHH challenges Owens to a 5 on 5 survivor series match for control of smackdown live. 

Team HHH, all guys Owens has an issue with: HHH, Y2J, AJ Styles, Sammy Zayn and a returning Shane McMahon

KO has to try and find friends, when he really has none, but he teams up with Corbin, Rusev, Ziggler, and a heel Bobby Roode

 

Team HHH wins the match, and then we go into a program where the McMahons put Owens into impossible matches for the WWE title, ultimately having him drop it at the Royal Rumble to AJ Styles.  

 

Owens goes on to face HHH one on one at Wrestlemania.

I think that could be a very entertaining story line for the next 7 months. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I love both tag teams, one of my biggest pet peeves is hot potato with titles . Hate it.

Rumor has it that Vince wants to make the New Day the greatest tag team of all time. They already have to "longest" tag team reign. Now from what I have read, he is going to work towards getting them a record number of times being tag champs. If you notice with the tag and womans belts they normally say "shes a two time raw womans champ" or so on, but for New Day they called them a 4 time tag champ last night. IDK what the record number is but they will get to it in the next year or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The LBC    136
21 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I love both tag teams, one of my biggest pet peeves is hot potato with titles . Hate it.

Normally I hate hot potato too, but when there's a solid storyline behind it, which this feud has, I'm willing to let it slide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The LBC    136
9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think there is a great chance for the WWE to go with a McMahon vs owens feud for the long term. I have a feeling that maybe it will end with the Hell in the cell, but I think they can go further.

Here is how i would handle it, it kind of repeats some of the same stuff the WWE has done for years, but hey why not.

Shane vs Owens at HITC, add the stipulation that if Shane wins, Owens is fired and if Owens wins he becomes the GM of smackdown live. Owens wins

Owens rules smackdown for a few months, making impossible matches for guys like Zayn, Styles and anyone else he doesnt like. Have him book himself in a match with Mahal and win the belt. 

As we get to Survivor Series HHH shows back up, gives the spill about how he gave Owens the universal title and he threw it all away, and what not, and HHH challenges Owens to a 5 on 5 survivor series match for control of smackdown live. 

Team HHH, all guys Owens has an issue with: HHH, Y2J, AJ Styles, Sammy Zayn and a returning Shane McMahon

KO has to try and find friends, when he really has none, but he teams up with Corbin, Rusev, Ziggler, and a heel Bobby Roode

 

Team HHH wins the match, and then we go into a program where the McMahons put Owens into impossible matches for the WWE title, ultimately having him drop it at the Royal Rumble to AJ Styles.  

 

Owens goes on to face HHH one on one at Wrestlemania.

I think that could be a very entertaining story line for the next 7 months. 

 

Possible, but I'd expect Steph to show up before Hunter ever would, and in storyline Steph is supposed to still hate Shane - though it would create an interesting dynamic if the two kids went against Vince's initial wish at the time of the brand split to "tear each other apart."

Also, Roode being run as a babyface or at least a face-leaning tweener right now.  As long as he has the Glorious theme, he's going to be cheered and I think they've realized that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pollino14    22
1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Normally I hate hot potato too, but when there's a solid storyline behind it, which this feud has, I'm willing to let it slide.

I guess this does seem different. It's done much better than the women's belt. With the whole, automatic rematch thing I think there's either more predictability or hot potato with the belts which is why I'd scrap that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×