NBA 2K20

showtime

So, I guess more pie charts are not coming in the day one patch.  Technically they could be, but according to Mike Wang 'explore it in the future' comments, it doesn't look like it's coming any time soon.  Maybe in 2K21.  This is after Ronnie went on stream TWO times at least and said there would be more pie charts at retail launch.....

11 hours ago, showtime said:

From what I've seen and heard from heavy 2K players, the game play is really bad rn.  Looks clunky and players look slow.  Nobody has badges right now, so maybe it's that.  There's supposed to be a patch coming out today or tomorrow (day one patch).  If the patch is really good, I might get the game. 

The game play was so horrible in the demo and it looks to be the exact same.  They haven't done anything they said they would do (add more pie charts, buff SF's, increase stamina, etc).  Hopefully that stuff comes in this day one patch.

25gig size patch. It better fix it. 

19 hours ago, showtime said:

From what I've seen and heard from heavy 2K players, the game play is really bad rn.  Looks clunky and players look slow.  Nobody has badges right now, so maybe it's that.  There's supposed to be a patch coming out today or tomorrow (day one patch).  If the patch is really good, I might get the game. 

The game play was so horrible in the demo and it looks to be the exact same.  They haven't done anything they said they would do (add more pie charts, buff SF's, increase stamina, etc).  Hopefully that stuff comes in this day one patch.

thats basically accurate.

get used to spending around around 100 dollars to get your player up to an 85.  I skipped all the cut scenes but the story before going to the neighborhood is pretty nice.  I got drafted by the Magic (I wanted to be picked by the clippers).  The neighborhood is basically the same as 2k19.  I only have unlocked 1 badge so far and Im an 85. LOL  

I am so pissed off right now... Finally decided on my build, started my career... Did the usual and took the shortcut to 85... Cost about $35.

Get into it and notice something odd... There is no name on my jersey in the game... Or under me... Or anywhere. I think okay...odd but maybe the fake college team just doesn't have your name on the Jersey. Finish the first game look at all menus I can and confirm... My player has no name... Literally... Nothing. I entered a name obviously although I had to enter my actual name because it wouldn't let me use the name Rob Shadows because apparently the word "Shadows" is inappropriate and can't be used? But anyway... Now I'm stuck with a nameless myplayer and I can't simply make a new one because I spent money on the damn thing.🤬

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

thats basically accurate.

get used to spending around around 100 dollars to get your player up to an 85.  I skipped all the cut scenes but the story before going to the neighborhood is pretty nice.  I got drafted by the Magic (I wanted to be picked by the clippers).  The neighborhood is basically the same as 2k19.  I only have unlocked 1 badge so far and Im an 85. LOL  

$100? Only cost me $35...I bought one 75,000 VC pack, one 35,000 VC pack, and one 15,000 VC pack...$35 total for 125,000VC which was enough to get to 85, well with the 5,000VC I had from pre-ordering.

9 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

also my player dont even have the name on the back of the jersey.

You might have got hit with the same bug I did...

I googled for a solution and apparently it's a very common bug that currently has no solution... So we're stuck with nameless players.

I guess it doesn't matter if you play online since it shows your gamertag instead of your players name anyway but I don't play online and it really bugs me that my player has no damn name.

Edited by rob_shadows

This is the first time I've ever bought 2K on launch day and between how clunky the gameplay is and the bug with my player having no name I've already decided it will be the last.

On top of that the entire reason I bought it at launch was because I wanted to try to get to 99 for once (never done it before) and be "immortalized" in the next 2K game

.... But they don't do that anymore apparently 😒

Although if you reach legend rep you can get 2K21 for free... But I don't play the online modes so... Not happening.