How good will prime Zion be?

11sanchez11

On 7/5/2019 at 10:08 PM, dtait93 said:

You’re also a homer

Not sure if you’re one of the dumbest posters here or if you’re playing one of those forum personas.

Anyway, I agree that Zion is like a mix between young and veteran Blake on offense. Marion and Grandmama are more classic comps, but Zion has a little more perimeter DNA.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Blake Griffin is getting SEVERELY underrated here.

Problem with Blake is that he never became that transcendent star he appeared to be after his rookie season, but he has quietly become a dominant force offensively. He just doesn’t really impact the game defensively.

Also he’s 30 and people assume that he’s worse because they knew him for the athleticism/dunks which fades with age.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

37 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Not sure if you’re one of the dumbest posters here or if you’re playing one of those forum personas.

Anyway, I agree that Zion is like a mix between young and veteran Blake on offense. Marion and Grandmama are more classic comps, but Zion has a little more perimeter DNA.

It's the former.

I'm with you on the Zion/Blake comparison as well.

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Neither. Saying he will have Draymond Green's defense is completely asinine and deserved the response I gave.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Forever butt hurt lol

Just being honest my dude. It's not like this claim isn't being repeated by multiple people.

Even if I agree with you that he'll never be Draymond on D.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Just being honest my dude. It's not like this claim isn't being repeated by multiple people.

Even if I agree with you that he'll never be Draymond on D.

Tbh it’s kinda creepy how invested you are in me. Idk why you think I care what you and these rando’s on the Internet think of me. Go get some sun or something bud.

17 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Tbh it’s kinda creepy how invested you are in me. Idk why you think I care what you and these rando’s on the Internet think of me. Go get some sun or something bud.

You vastly overestimate your importance.

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not trying to do that tbh. Blake is very good. I think Zion is going to do what he did, only slightly better.

So he'll be slightly better than a regular All-NBA performer meaning he'll be one of the elite players in the league. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

So he'll be slightly better than a regular All-NBA performer meaning he'll be one of the elite players in the league. 

Sure. I said not Top 5, but anything after that wouldn't surprise me. Couple more All NBA teams than Blake did would do it (Blake's at like what? 4? Probably mostly 3rd teams?). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Sure. I said not Top 5, but anything after that wouldn't surprise me. Couple more All NBA teams than Blake did would do it (Blake's at like what? 4? Probably mostly 3rd teams?). 

He has made the 2nd team 3 times and 3rd team 2 times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Nice, better than I expected. Lot of work for Zion to do then. There's a chance his game could do it though.

Yeah definitely. I think the Blake Griffin trajectory is a good one for him and very likely. Blake was extremely popular during his first few years in the league. Zion will probably put up similar numbers and be one of the most popular players in the league as well. But I don't think he'll be in that top tier of players. 

On 7/8/2019 at 8:05 AM, MikeT14 said:

His ceiling is pretty dang high in my opinion, but probably not Top 5 in the NBA. I like the "better" Blake Griffin comparisons. Shawn Kemp too. 

If he keeps working, he definitely will be a great NBA talent. 

I would have taken Griffin over Zion if they were in the same draft. Zion NEEDS to slim down.