How good will prime Zion be?

11sanchez11

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

His ceiling is pretty dang high in my opinion, but probably not Top 5 in the NBA. I like the "better" Blake Griffin comparisons. Shawn Kemp too. 

If he keeps working, he definitely will be a great NBA talent. 

what about Zion screams "better" than Blake Griffin ?? I say closer to almost as good as Blake.

7 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

what about Zion screams "better" than Blake Griffin ?? I say closer to almost as good as Blake.

I think Zion will have better numbers overall with a higher shooting percentage.I also think he will be better defensively. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

This. LeBron James, Steph Curry, Julius Randle have all said this as well. The most impressive part of Zion's game is how hard he plays. With his athleticism, ability to finish around the rim, and hustle he's going to score 18-20 as a roll man, in transition, and off of putbacks. He has one of the quickest 2nd jumps that I've ever seen. He has a lot to improve on but he's going to be a productive player.

Yeah, people get insulted when Zion is called a better Julius Randle but its really not an insult. Randle would be a hell of a player if he wasn't a legit doormat on defense. Zion is a more athletic, WAY better defensively Julius Randle...and thats going to be one hell of a player.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, NYRaider said:

He had one of the best freshmen seasons in the history of college basketball. The thing that will help Williamson is that he doesn't need to score to impact the game. He'll be an elite defender, rebounder, and plays extremely hard every night. The only way that he's not an All-Star level player is if he gets hurt. 

Michael Beasley says hello...

32 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Michael Beasley says hello...

*One of

Unless your using Beasley as an example here of a college player having a great freshmen year doesn't translate to the NBA?

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Zion like it was said Saturday night, he needs to lose some weight.  It is awesome that players are afraid of him coming to the basket, he is a beast but that frame at 6-6 280 is just off.  Currently if that weight is correct which I doubt, but he would be the 2nd heaviest player in the NBA.   You are not playing DE in the NFL here.  You are running a lot and he is out of shape currently.  Will be interesting how he keeps his weight down, and how to avoid that pear shape he has going on right now.  Take Demarcus Cousins at 270 signed two small one year contracts the past two years and he used to be a fine player but now with the injury issues he is different and teams are apparently afraid to give him big time money.  Take Cousins athletic ability away and he is different and not as impactful, and he was not even that good of athlete to begin with.  Would Zion be that good without the Athletic ability, obviously not.  Cousins being a 21 point per game scorer 10 rebounds a game in over 11 year career so far, and just signed another small contract, only $3.5 million for one year.    

Zion will be great for the league and is something different and fans love him and are excited to see him.  Can he handle the pressure though, almost every team in the NBA now is good and or has hope for the future, outside of maybe Oklahoma City if they lose Russell and Memphis but at least they got solid young players.  Big time parody potentially in the league this year, guys are spread out again and almost each team almost all have a super star or two.  Will be difficult night in and night out.  

Zion being high flying is fun but you come back to the ground and he could potentially get injured constantly with how aggressive he plays and how heavy he is.  Take Shawn Kemp, kid was what 230 and a built physical athlete early in his career.  Then absolutely ballooned later in his career to 280 or more and without the athletic ability struggled but at least he had a nice little mid range game.  Zion is a better defender potentially and gives more effort on the ball than Kemp did but he has to lose some weight and clearly does not have the length Kemp had.  That weight would make him less effective in the post potentially and less scary going to the hoop but could lengthen his career a lot.  

His body currently is not built for conditioning long term, it is short bursts of power and speed similar to football.  Not long term running up and down up and down.  Wish he could have stayed healthy in summer league just to get in shape some more.   The 82 game season could wear him especially with the expectation of being a franchise savior and throw down 2-3 amazing dunks a game and score 20+ a game as a rookie.  Lucky for him he has athletically what a lot of players do not.