How good will prime Zion be?

11sanchez11

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Still a good defensive player and will be in the league. Go watch Dario Saric. 

All I said was he wouldn't be elite on ball. He probably will be really good tho. And he should be elite in the most important aspect, especially for big men, in help/team d.

He'll likely be really good.

I could see a few years averaging around 25-13-4 with great defense. He could easily be an MVP down the line.

Athletically and strength wise he's special. He's shown a lot of defensive talent as well. If he can keep working hard, avoid knee injuries and fix that jumper he's going to be a big time problem for the rest of the league.

I could see top 5-10 player, but I don't think he'll ever break into "best in the world" conversation." I am going to predict he never develops a reliable jumper, and will at best become serviceable wide open catch and shoot guy he was in college (wouldn't rule it out, we've seen much worse jump shooters develop into reliable shooters, but I'm going to predict he won't). If he can own the glass while playing up to his potential on D, even protecting the rim (Ben Wallace did it in an era with bigger 5s that stayed in the paint, Zion can too), while being a bully in the paint that'd be enough to make him a perennial all-NBA kind of guy. 

32 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Personally think he’s overrated and will bust quite hard. 

I don't usually like saying this, but zero percent chance he busts "quite hard." His athleticism and defense will make him good period. He's going to average nearly 20 PPG by just by an elite roll man, good rebounder and a beast in transition. Definitely needs to cut some weight though and develop some type of outside shot.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't usually like saying this, but zero percent chance he busts "quite hard." His athleticism and defense will make him good period. He's going to average nearly 20 PPG by just by an elite roll man, good rebounder and a beast in transition. Definitely needs to cut some weight though and develop some type of outside shot.

This. LeBron James, Steph Curry, Julius Randle have all said this as well. The most impressive part of Zion's game is how hard he plays. With his athleticism, ability to finish around the rim, and hustle he's going to score 18-20 as a roll man, in transition, and off of putbacks. He has one of the quickest 2nd jumps that I've ever seen. He has a lot to improve on but he's going to be a productive player.

Edited by NYRaider