Training Camp 2019

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I really am excited to see Kolton develop. If he pans out that would be great. Though the DL we have those guys working against aren't the best. Also am stoked to see Jacobs and Abraham.

From all accounts, the added weight/strength has helped him a lot so far this year. Trent Brown has supposedly been unmovable throughout camp as well. But as you said, while that does bode well for our OL it also says how bad our pass rush will probably be again this season. 

I'm extremely excited to see Jacobs and Abram as well. Jacobs has a chance to be offensive ROY and every report about Abram has been that he has looked better than advertised so far. 

• Like 1

JJ is mostly an outside WR, but Brown and Williams have both played the slot with their previous teams and that should help JJ get some time if he does make the team. Still a long way to go in camp, but Grant seems to be having a not so great camp. Well see how he looks in games. 

25 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

JJ is mostly an outside WR, but Brown and Williams have both played the slot with their previous teams and that should help JJ get some time if he does make the team. Still a long way to go in camp, but Grant seems to be having a not so great camp. Well see how he looks in games. 

I think we'll get to see Gruden's creativity a lot this year. Guys like Brown, Waller, Williams, and Nelson will all be moved around the field to create favorable matchups. I love our offensive makeup this season. 

We have an elite #1 in AB who will produce week in and week out. And if teams look to double cover him we have 3 legitimate deep threats with Williams, Nelson, and Waller. Plus we have security blankets underneath with 3 backs that are excellent catching the ball out of the backfield and a solid slot guy with either Renfrow or Grant.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I mean yea Mullen got burned, but for being a rookie against the maybe best WR in the league he stuck with him pretty well.

It's cool that Mullen and AB are seemingly best of friends on the team already.

There are hardly any CB's in the league that can stop AB but Mullen didn't look outclassed there. Our DB's are going to be tested everyday with our upgraded WR group, should help them a lot when the season rolls around.

I do agree with NY and expect a lot more creativity in the offense. I also expect to see some new things on offense. IMO Gruden knew he didn’t have the right personnel at WR to do what he wanted and I think he ran a pretty vanilla offense. If this team is gonna content for a playoff spot the offense will need to carry them like it did in 2016. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There are hardly any CB's in the league that can stop AB but Mullen didn't look outclassed there. Our DB's are going to be tested everyday with our upgraded WR group, should help them a lot when the season rolls around.

It's weird seeing #27 on D look fast. Reggie Nelson has corrupted that number for me haha.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think we'll get to see Gruden's creativity a lot this year. Guys like Brown, Waller, Williams, and Nelson will all be moved around the field to create favorable matchups. I love our offensive makeup this season. 

We have an elite #1 in AB who will produce week in and week out. And if teams look to double cover him we have 3 legitimate deep threats with Williams, Nelson, and Waller. Plus we have security blankets underneath with 3 backs that are excellent catching the ball out of the backfield and a solid slot guy with either Renfrow or Grant.

45 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I do agree with NY and expect a lot more creativity in the offense. I also expect to see some new things on offense. IMO Gruden knew he didn’t have the right personnel at WR to do what he wanted and I think he ran a pretty vanilla offense. If this team is gonna content for a playoff spot the offense will need to carry them like it did in 2016. 

AB/Williams is basically a rich man's version of AC/Bryant. It's clear that Gruden wants a true #1 that can move all around the field and a big #2 that can take the top off of the defense. 

I think JJ Nelson is a lock, his speed is scary. 

AB- a true #1

#2- Tyrell Williams- sounds like he is having a good camp

Slot- Hunter- sounds like his having a good camp

#4- JJ- perfect WR for depth

#5- Dwayne Harris- I guess he is close to a lock due to special teams play

#6- last spot would be between Grant, Ateman, Doss, Hatcher who ever balls out this month to earn a spot.