Training Camp 2019

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I mean yea Mullen got burned, but for being a rookie against the maybe best WR in the league he stuck with him pretty well.

It's cool that Mullen and AB are seemingly best of friends on the team already.

Plenty of CBs can stick with AB stride for stride. I'm not really that impressed by that. AB, as great as he is, isn't the fastest guy. As you see in the video, when its winning time, Mullen doesn't even look for the ball. 

He will be abused alot as a rookie if forced into significant action.  I do like his potential, though. 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It seems like Maxx Crosby is having a better camp than Ferrell so far.

It's early but Crosby has been brought up more as far as I have seen. Some for his flashier moves and some for his intense effort. Gruden even noted he may be the hardest working  or intense players in the NFL. That's great praise. 

He still looks very thin in the upper body in my opinion. It'll take a couple season for him to fill out but his potential is very exciting to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Maxx name been brought up a lot. Maxx and Key could thrive in situation pass rush roles

We're really going to need Maxx, Key, and Mayowa to play at least average this year or our pass rush is going to be abysmal. 

I expect Key to have a solid pass rushing year honestly. He was graded a little harshly on here but had a decent rookie year for someone who wasn't expected to get full playing time. He should of finished with 4 sacks easy possibly more. 

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I expect Key to have a solid pass rushing year honestly. He was graded a little harshly on here but had a decent rookie year for someone who wasn't expected to get full playing time. He should of finished with 4 sacks easy possibly more. 

He only had 1 sack, but there were a number of other plays that he could've had a sack but just couldn't finish. Hopefully, with added weight/strength, he can at least put up 5-6 sacks this year. We're going to have to have a pass rush by committee with Ferrell, Key, Mayowa, and Crosby all being average if our defense is going to be good.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

He only had 1 sack, but there were a number of other plays that he could've had a sack but just couldn't finish. Hopefully, with added weight/strength, he can at least put up 5-6 sacks this year. We're going to have to have a pass rush by committee with Ferrell, Key, Mayowa, and Crosby all being average if our defense is going to be good.

Think our sack numbers from middle and ends both improve. Coverage should be a little better too in back end without Nelson out there.

I'd expect 8-10 more sacks this year across board 

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Think our sack numbers from middle and ends both improve. Coverage should be a little better too in back end without Nelson out there.

I'd expect 8-10 more sacks this year across board 

According to Gruden, Hankins looks like the most improved player on the team. If Hurst can take the next step and Hall can be a contributor this year, we should be able to generate a lot of pressure from the interior. 

Even 10 more sacks this year would be the worst in the league and 7 less than any other team had last season. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I saw on twitter that he was blowing up the 2nd team OL in drills but has struggled against Kolton Miller.

I'm going to be honest...

Not one part of me is mad about this.  I'd rather have Carr upright than Farrell have 12 sacks.