Training Camp 2019

RaidersAreOne

It's incredible how far our WR group has come in under a year. Look at the difference:

1. The highly inconsistent and unmotivated Amari Cooper
  2. The corpse of Jordy Nelson
  3. Seth freaking Roberts
  4. Branden lol LaFell
  5. Whatever whatever

to

1. Antonio Brown
  2. Tyrell Williams
  3. Hunter Renfrow
  4. JJ Nelson
  5. Ryan Grant
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's incredible how far our WR group has come in under a year. Look at the difference:

1. The highly inconsistent and unmotivated Amari Cooper
  2. The corpse of Jordy Nelson
  3. Seth freaking Roberts
  4. Branden lol LaFell
  5. Whatever whatever

to

1. Antonio Brown
  2. Tyrell Williams
  3. Hunter Renfrow
  4. JJ Nelson
  5. Ryan Grant

Lol. Where is the nick names for the bottom group. 

1. Super diva

2. Potiential unreached 

3. Rookie

4. Hasnt done anything but run fast

5. 3rd team in 3 years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Lol. Where is the nick names for the bottom group. 

1. Super diva

2. Potiential unreached 

3. Rookie

4. Hasnt done anything but run fast

5. 3rd team in 3 years. 

So you don't think the WR group has upgraded tremendously? Noted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Can we finally put the Chris Warren hype to rest now. 

Its almost like he was just another of the many overhyped preseason RBs we've had like some people said all along. Louis Rankin. GAIII. Warren. I guess maybe we got spoiled by Fargascoming out of nowhere. Then again we have a tendency to get overhyped about our flash in the pan WRs too. It never fails. Even guys who are blatantly single-serving players (or should I say single season?). Maybe its just human nature. I've done it with certain players.

• Like 2

I gotta say I like that it sounds as if we have some pass-catchers who can create separation. I mean, its not like I thought little of AB, Tyrell, and Renfrow....its just....its nice to have some element of comfort that our guys can find a way to get open. Coop was a nasty route runner to be fair, but it just never clicked here with him after we got rid of Musgrave. Waller looking good is great news, would love to have some juice at that TE spot. Cook was a nice boost and even carried our offense at times so it would be rad to not have TE production fall off a cliff without him around. Also have an eye out for Jacobs & Richard with the mention of RB receiving being prominent. Our offense can really pop if we get production there. Also would be helpful to have safety valves for cases when the OL falters.

As for the DBs, we have a lot of young guys and a lot of new guys. Plus better competition on the receiving front. I can't tell if they're being abused or its just a factor of people being wow'd by offense coupled with no contact stacking the odds in favor of the offense. Plus they aren't in football shape yet.  I'd say hold off on real judgment for a few weeks unless a strong trend emerges.  Conley sounds like he's in good coverage at least half the time when he's getting beat in the tweets I've read. Maybe some contact remedies that. Time will tell.

I'm low key worried about OL with all the shuffling going on there due to new personnel and injuries. Hope some of our DL take a big step forward and show out. I'm looking for Key/PJ/Hurst to show improvement. And Eddie V to show something. It'll be tough for him to get back into the swing of things but he was underwhelming his rookie year. I get that it takes time, but we have other players around looking to eat his lunch. Side note, there was a PJ vs Vanderdoes tweet right? Is it me or is it semi disheartening to hear us potentially having to cut high picks so early into their careers? The same thing happened with Jihad Ward. Bad look on our drafting.

• Like 2