Training Camp 2019

RaidersAreOne

On 21/07/2019 at 9:36 PM, NYRaider said:

• I don't think Conley or Hurst has pro-bowl potential but they should both be good starters this year. 

• I agree about PJ Hall. He was the most productive edge player in D2 history for a reason and people forget that last year was only his 2nd season playing inside. From a physical tools standpoint, he's a freakier athlete than Ed Oliver. 

• Key is definitely going to have to be better this year and Ferrell will need to be at least an average starter for our defense to be decent. 

• I absolutely love the youth movement we have in the backfield, you can't win with older DBs past their prime as we've seen the last few years. 

• Miller is another guy that has to be better this season. The only positive is that Trent Brown can easily slide over to LT if he struggles. 

• Not a fan of our LB group but hopefully Burfict and Marshall can at least be average this year. 

• There's some pressure on Jacobs to produce for sure but I expect that we'll have a balanced RB rotation with Jacobs/Martin/Richard and possibly Warren as a dark horse too. 

• The Chargers offense was designed to spread the ball around so Williams didn't get a ton of targets. He should be what Gruden wanted out of Martavis Bryant on an even higher level. The only season that he had 100+ targets he put up 1,100 yards and 7 TD. We have a lot of guys that should be good on short passes with Grant, Renfrow, and all of our RB's out of the backfield. Having 3 legit receiving RB's is going to give our offense a really nice dynamic. 

• Hopefully, Darren Waller can be as good as everyone's hyping him to be. It would be a huge boost for our offense if he's even average. 

I agree with most of this, excited about PJ Hall, he may have the biggest jump of all our 2nd year players.

I'm not confident at all in our TEs but it seems they will be a peripheral part of the O so might not be an issue, unless they really suck at blocking which is a very underrated part of TE play - personally I don't care if the TE can run a 4.4 if he's getting put on his backside every other running play and letting the edge rushers bowl him over. We'll see............

Whilst we can extrapolate out what Tyrell Williams would gain given 100 targets, in all likelihood he'll probably get around the same as with the Chargers, maybe less as Brown will command by far the most targets and our RBs figure to be volume targets too.

I do like the LB core more than most on here......a little vet experience and some youth and side to side speed. I really like Morrow moving forward, he seems like the best coverage 'backer we've had in a long while.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2019 at 12:56 PM, Bitty 2.0 said:

I’m calling it right now Eddie Vanderdoes will surprise everyone.

Bold but I can see this.

Really liked him as a prospect and he did show a few flashes so it's not out of the question, he has a chance in what looks like a solid rotation that has the potential to be very good.