The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

Is there any reason to get excited about getting Gausman? I can't pretend I've watched a ton of him, but nothing really indicates he's a significant upgrade over any of the other middle/bottom of the rotation starters we've already been throwing out there.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Is there any reason to get excited about getting Gausman? I can't pretend I've watched a ton of him, but nothing really indicates he's a significant upgrade over any of the other middle/bottom of the rotation starters we've already been throwing out there.

Tools. And getting him away from Baltimore, where pitching goes to die. There's a lot to work with when it comes to Gausman. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Tools. And getting him away from Baltimore, where pitching goes to die. There's a lot to work with when it comes to Gausman. 

Yeah, I was just coming in here to quote myself after reading a bit more. I suppose there's reasons for optimism, especially since he'd be under team control for another two years. Definitely feel more optimistic about developing a pitcher than a hitter with this group of coaches at least.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I was just coming in here to quote myself after reading a bit more. I suppose there's reasons for optimism, especially since he'd be under team control for another two years. Definitely feel more optimistic about developing a pitcher than a hitter with this group of coaches at least.