The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean tbh we have Thames in LF and a replacement RP on the mound with a 1 run lead in the 7th. It's been awful but it's not like we set ourselves up for success.

Oh, for sure. Not just talking about the 7th though. This whole game has been bad. Mahle's zone was ridiculous. 

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/baseball/2018/07/01/iowa-baseball-signee-korry-howell-inks-milwaukee-brewers/748295002/

There are a few possibilities here:

• Best case: We knew exactly what his number was and that it was slightly higher than the $125k we'd be able to give without it hurting the bonus pool, but couldn't guarantee it until we knew we could sign Turang and Davis.
  • Middle case (not sure how to phrase this): We knew exactly what his number was and it was slightly higher than $125k, and because Davis has formally said 'no', we're going to focus on Turang and a few other HS targets in the back rounds
  • Worst case: We knew what his number was, it was slightly higher than $125k, and because we aren't signing Turang we had some bonus room to play with

The best or middle case scenario are far and away the most likely. I still think we can get both Turang and Davis.

Also it's July 2 this morning. The only team with more consensus top 30 guys than us is the Yankees. Big time credit to Stearns - we never used to sign big name LA guys.

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/baseball/2018/07/01/iowa-baseball-signee-korry-howell-inks-milwaukee-brewers/748295002/

There are a few possibilities here:

• Best case: We knew exactly what his number was and that it was slightly higher than the $125k we'd be able to give without it hurting the bonus pool, but couldn't guarantee it until we knew we could sign Turang and Davis.
  • Middle case (not sure how to phrase this): We knew exactly what his number was and it was slightly higher than $125k, and because Davis has formally said 'no', we're going to focus on Turang and a few other HS targets in the back rounds
  • Worst case: We knew what his number was, it was slightly higher than $125k, and because we aren't signing Turang we had some bonus room to play with

The best or middle case scenario are far and away the most likely. I still think we can get both Turang and Davis.

Also it's July 2 this morning. The only team with more consensus top 30 guys than us is the Yankees. Big time credit to Stearns - we never used to sign big name LA guys.

Is there actually a chance that Turang doesn't sign?  I mean, what is slot for you guys, like $3 million?  He's an idiot to pass that up.

If the rumors are true of interest in Merrifield, would Villar be the everyday shortstop?

Also, others rumors/targets?  I'd much prefer a pitcher over a bat, but whatever makes us better. 

And also just curious, what would be the likely haul for Machado?  And what would be the likelihood of retaining him past this season, even if just for 1 or 2 more years or so?  Or just other thoughts on him.  And I don't know how baseball works as well as football, if we do rent him for the rest of the year, do we get any compensation if he leaves in the offseason?

Edited by BrettFavre004