Bitcoin

BayRaider

So, was playing Clash with JTagg last night and he told me to stop in here since we got to talking about crypto.  Currently holding XRP, REQ, QSP, FUN, VEN, LINK, FUEL, KEY, and ETH.  I like what I currently have as an ecosystem for fixing some problems with the way currency is transacted in general and a few in there that will help with widespread adoption by businesses but I'm wondering what other crypto's y'all have come across that solve real world problems.

8 hours ago, mitty18 said:

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would have bucked up and bought bitcoin for around $13 instead, but I had no idea bitcoin would take off like it did.  If I would have invested the same amount of money into bitcoin at the time, I would have been a millionaire by now.  With bitcoin being as volatile as it is, I wouldn't invest in it now.  But I was a dumb college kid back then.  I have recently invested in xrp as well, so hoping that will take off soon.  Even if it gets up to $10 a coin, I still will make well into 5 figures.  *shrugs*

I also just recently started telling people that I own this many coins, because when I invested in it, I ended up maxing out a couple credit cards to get the coins.  It was a lot of money to invest in something so unknown at the time, and I was a little bit embarrassed to admit it.  My parents would have killed me if they knew I spent that much money on a gamble, but now they know, and they are proud of me for investing in something so unknown.

My whole thing was to save up for retirement.  If Litecoin hits a point where I can cash out and get a million, then I will and retire or invest that into a business.  I'm 27 right now, hoping to retire by 35.  we'll see i guess.  

I feel like retiring by 35 would lead to a really boring life unless you are planning to work part-time or have a time-consuming hobby.

1 hour ago, latinoaustino said:

So, was playing Clash with JTagg last night and he told me to stop in here since we got to talking about crypto.  Currently holding XRP, REQ, QSP, FUN, VEN, LINK, FUEL, KEY, and ETH.  I like what I currently have as an ecosystem for fixing some problems with the way currency is transacted in general and a few in there that will help with widespread adoption by businesses but I'm wondering what other crypto's y'all have come across that solve real world problems.

It's not really for a major problem, but I'm holding some Poet (POE). It's supposed to track ownership of content on the internet, mostly written content. I'm currently in the red overall on this coin though and was in the red even before the dip.

Does anyone follow crypto people on YouTube?  If so, who do you recommend.  I started following CryptoCrow.  He's seems pretty to be pretty solid, down-to-earth-type, and I enjoy listening to him. He recently got licensed and is starting up a crypto hedge fund-type of thing.

Anyone know of some good ICOs to invest in?  It sucks that a lot of them won't let US-based investors in.  Like, I wanted to get in on Rentberry, but I can't.

Edited by jonu62882

11 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Does anyone follow crypto people on YouTube?  If so, who do you recommend.  I started following CryptoCrow.  He's seems pretty to be pretty solid, down-to-earth-type, and I enjoy listening to him. He recently got licensed and is starting up a crypto hedge fund-type of thing.

Anyone know of some good ICOs to invest in?  It sucks that a lot of them won't let US-based investors in.  Like, I wanted to get in on Rentberry, but I can't.

Do NOT, and I repeat DO NOT follow anyone who was an affiliate for, or pushed BitConnect.  Generally 95% of YouTubers are absolutely morons when it comes to this stuff.  Even the experts, who’ve made their millions and have been in the field for 5+ years, wouldn’t consider themselves experts.

Also don’t try and be a DayTrader.  This stuff is far too volatile yet, and you’re just gambling if you’re swapping profit margins.

if you’re wanting unbiased information and not entertainment, stick to coincentral.com and it’s owner on YouTube: Doug Polk Crypto.

• Like 1

I can't ignore it any longer. I need to buy into Powr the next time it drops. I ignored it when it was .40 cents then .75 cents. But now at 1.15 I have to admit it's a solid coin and a solid company. They are not doing anything ground breaking nor do I think they will shoot up to like 400 dollars by the end of the year. But this something to see as a long-term investment. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I can't ignore it any longer. I need to buy into Powr the next time it drops. I ignored it when it was .40 cents then .75 cents. But now at 1.15 I have to admit it's a solid coin and a solid company. They are not doing anything ground breaking nor do I think they will shoot up to like 400 dollars by the end of the year. But this something to see as a long-term investment. 

I thought I was done and then I brought some ELF today (https://aelf.io/).  Long term hold for me...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mitty18 said:

I forgot that the internet was a big scary place where people get murderd. 

No but if they can track your IP address from here. They can also find your exchanges and more then likely your wallet. Which means your coins are as good as gone.