Bitcoin

BayRaider

On 1/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, JTagg7754 said:

if Ripple blew up, a lot of people would make a lot of money lol. We can only hope. I'll be HODLing with my fingers crossed

I don't think Ripple blowing up would be good news for those who are into Cryptos. JMO.

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Ripple will never "blow up". People like to take advantage of noobs in crypto by saying Ripple can go to $100. Mathematically impossible. It can do $10 but that's maybe wayyyyy in the future and no guarantee.

I would say "blowing up" is $10. I'm relatively easy to please though lol. I'm sure people really bought it when it was still under $1 so that would really make a lot of money for them

On 1/26/2018 at 12:52 PM, TheVillain112 said:

Anyone here use a cold wallet (Trezor or Ledger)?

Debating about moving the coins that I have in coinbase to an offline wallet.  Too many exchanges getting hit these days...

When I had my Bitcoin, I was very paranoid about losing it due to a hack, so I transferred it from my Coinbase vault to a Ledger Nano S.  I think that's the way to go when it comes to security.  I highly recommend it.  It was pretty simple to transfer it.  When it came time to sell, I was able to transfer it back into my Coinbase wallet and make the sale.  Everything worked well for me.  I'm thinking about buying some Litecoin now that the prices on that have come back down, and if I do, I will put it on my Ledger Nano S right away.  If you have coins on Coinbase, I would at least put them in your Coinbase Vault, rather than just storing them in your Coinbase Wallet.  The best way to go, though, is to get a Ledger.

• Like 1

The best place for Ethereum and all ERC20 Tokens (coins based the Ethereum blockchain) is MEW (MyEtherWallet).

Best wallet for everything else is Ledger Nano S like Buck stated. However, ONLY buy these on their website. All the ones off the website including all the ones on Amazon have been tampered with. They do NOT sell on Amazon. 

Unfortunately they won't be shipping anymore Ledger Nano's until March 26th. And that's if you pre order now. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

The best place for Ethereum and all ERC20 Tokens (coins based the Ethereum blockchain) is MEW (MyEtherWallet).

Best wallet for everything else is Ledger Nano S like Buck stated. However, ONLY buy these on their website. All the ones off the website including all the ones on Amazon have been tampered with. They do NOT sell on Amazon. 

Unfortunately they won't be shipping anymore Ledger Nano's until March 26th. And that's if you pre order now. 

Wait, I bought mine a while ago on Amazon...so this is fake?!  I have yet to use it.

https://imgur.com/a/4CEfY

Edited by jonu62882

5 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Wait, I bought mine a while ago on Amazon...so this is fake?!  I have yet to use it.

https://imgur.com/a/4CEfY

It's not fake but there is a high chance it has been tampered with. I personally wouldn't use it if you're storing multiple thousands. Ledger's official site has said multiple times only buy straight from them. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It's not fake but there is a high chance it has been tampered with. I personally wouldn't use it if you're storing multiple thousands. Ledger's official site has said multiple times only buy straight from them. 

Oh, shizzz.  I thought it was official since it said seller was “Ledger Nano S.” I did open it and there was no tamper seal and some smudges/marks on the metal.  Damn, I will see if I can return this and get my money back and put in an order directly from them.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

When I had my Bitcoin, I was very paranoid about losing it due to a hack, so I transferred it from my Coinbase vault to a Ledger Nano S.  I think that's the way to go when it comes to security.  I highly recommend it.  It was pretty simple to transfer it.  When it came time to sell, I was able to transfer it back into my Coinbase wallet and make the sale.  Everything worked well for me.  I'm thinking about buying some Litecoin now that the prices on that have come back down, and if I do, I will put it on my Ledger Nano S right away.  If you have coins on Coinbase, I would at least put them in your Coinbase Vault, rather than just storing them in your Coinbase Wallet.  The best way to go, though, is to get a Ledger.

Here's a video that shows how to move your coins from Coinbase to the Ledger Nano S. 

2 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Oh, shizzz.  I thought it was official since it said seller was “Ledger Nano S.” I did open it and there was no tamper seal and some smudges/marks on the metal.  Damn, I will see if I can return this and get my money back and put in an order directly from them.

Thanks!

The title says Ledger Nano S but if you scroll down you'll see the name of the third party company selling it. 

6 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Thanks!

The Ledger Nano S is tamper proof so as long as the Nano S generates the "KEYS" during setup you are 100000000% safe. I also bought off Amazon and it had a smudge on the Nano S. Zero problems