Bitcoin

BayRaider

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Yeah I already bought more. Bought a bunch the last time it dropped to 8K, doing it again now. You think it'll be above 20K by December???

At least back to 17-18k in Dec... some people think 60K BTC EoY but that seems really extreme. 

I never buy BTC though. Tons of solid projects out there that can 10-20x EoY. 

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Buy the dips. December everything will 3x minimum. 

I set a limit each paycheck but I think I'm going to double it this time around. I kinda have to

What projects are you looking at besides Narrative that can easily do 10-20x?

Edited by JTagg7754

Even bigger news: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/lightnings-first-implementation-now-beta-developers-raise-25m/

Important quote from the article:

Lightning Labs CEO Elizabeth Stark hopes that, with the release of the lnd beta and the seed-funding round, development of Lightning Network technology will move to its next phase.

“Lightning is not just about scalability, it’s also an app development platform. I think a lot of people don't get that yet,” she told Bitcoin Magazine.

This is why I still own BTC.  People think these "3rd gen" blockchains like ADA, EOS, etc... will render Bitcoin useless outside of being 'digital gold', but that's not a forgone conclusion...

https://www.abra.com/blog/20-new-cryptocurrencies/

Just downloaded the app.  If I'm understanding the "fees" correctly:

• Free to transfer USD to Arba for bank transfers (1-2 days time wise which is much faster than Coinbase)
  • Free USD withdrawls
  • Free to convert one crypto for another

Still researching what's the cost to buy a crypto with USD, although that seems to vary per crypto.  Seems very promising though...

18 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

https://www.abra.com/blog/20-new-cryptocurrencies/

Just downloaded the app.  If I'm understanding the "fees" correctly:

• Free to transfer USD to Arba for bank transfers (1-2 days time wise which is much faster than Coinbase)
  • Free USD withdrawls
  • Free to convert one crypto for another

Still researching what's the cost to buy a crypto with USD, although that seems to vary per crypto.  Seems very promising though...

Have you tried Robinhood yet which is feeless?

All these alternatives to Coinbase coming out is a great thing to see!

59 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Have you tried Robinhood yet which is feeless?

All these alternatives to Coinbase coming out is a great thing to see!

I thought Robinhood can only be used for crypto for 4 or 5 states right now?  When I last checked IL wasn't on the list, so I haven't had a chance to check out Robinhood yet.

Agreed though, increased competition should drive prices down...

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

buy buy buy

Lol I bought nearly 500 worth this morning. I was pitching a fit last night at like 2am because ETH had hit 508 but went back up and hovered around 520 a few hours before. Saw it was at like 470 this morning and just went ahead and bought some. I couldn't buy more because of a security feature on my bank account and TBH I wanted to see if it would go down more before I stocked up again. I have about 5500 spare cash in the bank that I am just itching to buy but after what happened when I first started. I have been buying a little here and there each time I see it taking a big dip.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super4 said:

Bought into the Binance Ontology giveaway with a modest 300 coins when it opened at $1.10, and I woke up to see I'd won a bonus 1,000 ONT this morning. and it's now at $1.32... lmao.

I expected a dip after that contest ended.  It should go up though, so nice job getting an extra 1,000...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I expected a dip after that contest ended.  It should go up though, so nice job getting an extra 1,000...

Haha thanks man.  Very surprised I won and it didn't dip either.

Edited by Super4