Bitcoin

BayRaider

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 6:45 PM, jrry32 said:

giphy.gif

9eNzO.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5713467

So, there was a poster on this site - banned about a year ago, I think? Maybe 18 months ago? Pretty well known poster, once made me a "Thanks Joe Flacco" sig when that was a mildly popular phrase here. 

So, said poster and I knew each other on Facebook. One day, poster reaches out to me (mind you, this was during my sabbatical away from the site) and asked if I'd be interested in joining HIS site. "Eh, OK" I think to myself as I created a username and PW.

When I logged in, I saw that I had full admin rights - I was basically Webby with him. I asked him and he said "Well, you used to be a Global, I can trust you," or something to that effect. "OK, cool" I say.

A few weeks pass, I forget about the site. One day on a whim, I log back into the site - very little activity, a few posts from a spammer, so I go in to take care of it. I look on my admin dashboard and see that I have a "Ban Poster" button...

Twenty minutes later, I successfully deleted every single post and banned every member - including the member that encouraged me to to join his site and give me admin rights to begin with.

So, moral of the story - absolute power corrupts absolutely. And it is FUN to swing a banhammer with no regard for human life.

What do you guys think of a fantasy sports aspect to cryptocurrency? You draft 15 currencies like Bitcoin and etc and compete with others based on price movements.

I'm just going to post the small paper I wrote up here. Mods, if not allowed, feel free to delete.

I was gonna go with a real cryptocurrency token but just going with a valueless forum token model instead.

http://docdro.id/LaXgKbq

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What do you guys think of a fantasy sports aspect to cryptocurrency? You draft 15 currencies like Bitcoin and etc and compete with others based on price movements.

I'm just going to post the small paper I wrote up here. Mods, if not allowed, feel free to delete.

I was gonna go with a real cryptocurrency token but just going with a valueless forum token model instead.

http://docdro.id/LaXgKbq

That's fairly interesting to be honest. Not going to lie.

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, there was a poster on this site - banned about a year ago, I think? Maybe 18 months ago? Pretty well known poster, once made me a "Thanks Joe Flacco" sig when that was a mildly popular phrase here. 

So, said poster and I knew each other on Facebook. One day, poster reaches out to me (mind you, this was during my sabbatical away from the site) and asked if I'd be interested in joining HIS site. "Eh, OK" I think to myself as I created a username and PW.

When I logged in, I saw that I had full admin rights - I was basically Webby with him. I asked him and he said "Well, you used to be a Global, I can trust you," or something to that effect. "OK, cool" I say.

A few weeks pass, I forget about the site. One day on a whim, I log back into the site - very little activity, a few posts from a spammer, so I go in to take care of it. I look on my admin dashboard and see that I have a "Ban Poster" button...

Twenty minutes later, I successfully deleted every single post and banned every member - including the member that encouraged me to to join his site and give me admin rights to begin with.

So, moral of the story - absolute power corrupts absolutely. And it is FUN to swing a banhammer with no regard for human life.

You remind me of Scott from South Park........ lol

This was funny though.

That's pretty damn funny. Did you ban yourself at the end? xD

How much did webby pay you for the hit?

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

That's fairly interesting to be honest. Not going to lie.

Thanks. I think at least the fantasy aspect can get pretty popular. Plus Crypto has needed a new forum for a long time. About to make it public and start recruiting soon. Although don't really have much time to work with.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's pretty damn funny. Did you ban yourself at the end? xD

I tried, but you can't ban yourself. Never knew that until then.

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How much did webby pay you for the hit?

I got my badge back - not because of this particular action. I think.

• Like 1