The Official Thread of The []_[]

ttitansfan4life

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hurricane Season said:

It's tough to have any feelings about any recruits beyond 2019 at this point.

2021 kids are like 15 years old, lol

To kind of piggyback off this post, Brieon Fuller decomitted today.

Until the ink is dry on the letter of intent, CFB recruiting is absolutely wide open.

• 1 month later...

So what's the deal with the QB room? I'm praying to God that Rosier gets dethroned, but from what I've heard, none of the young pups are looking to drive him out of that spot. I think he's atrocious and I'd rather have anyone than an inaccurate, short, turnover prone QB that single-handedly lost us the Pitt game & a chance to compete for a national championship this year. If Rosier was a C+ QB, Miami gets to the playoff. This team lost quite a few key pieces and I'm hoping that they can at least upgrade the QB spot to mitigate for the loss of Herndon, Walton, and Berrios.

Also, what was the deal with Ahmmon Richards last year? He was a monster as a freshman and just looked lost out there this past season. I know Kaaya was much better than Rosier, but I expected Richards, once he got back on the field, to make a big impact for us. He was like the 3rd-4th best receiving option any time he was on the field last year. I keep seeing him pimped as a 1st round pick. I don't see that being warranted at all after last season. Was he never really fully recovered or was Rosier missing him? I really don't understand where the disconnect was last season.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:53 AM, BleedTheClock said:

So what's the deal with the QB room? I'm praying to God that Rosier gets dethroned, but from what I've heard, none of the young pups are looking to drive him out of that spot. I think he's atrocious and I'd rather have anyone than an inaccurate, short, turnover prone QB that single-handedly lost us the Pitt game & a chance to compete for a national championship this year. If Rosier was a C+ QB, Miami gets to the playoff. This team lost quite a few key pieces and I'm hoping that they can at least upgrade the QB spot to mitigate for the loss of Herndon, Walton, and Berrios.

Also, what was the deal with Ahmmon Richards last year? He was a monster as a freshman and just looked lost out there this past season. I know Kaaya was much better than Rosier, but I expected Richards, once he got back on the field, to make a big impact for us. He was like the 3rd-4th best receiving option any time he was on the field last year. I keep seeing him pimped as a 1st round pick. I don't see that being warranted at all after last season. Was he never really fully recovered or was Rosier missing him? I really don't understand where the disconnect was last season.

You’re 100% right about Rosier. Far too inconsistent and his accuracy is a joke. A decent QB and this team doesn’t lose to Pitt and is a hell of a lot closer game with Clemson. Losing Berrios will hurt but I fully expect Jeff Thomas to pick up the slack. Elite speed and made a lot of plays last year despite being a freshman. Watch out for Mike Harley as well. WR to me is easily the most talented and stacked position on the roster. I’ll keep saying it but Richt needs to hire a real offensive coordinator. His offense sucks. No motion and using 6’5 receivers on WR screens. Makes no damn sense. He also needs to suck it up and fire his damn son. He didn’t deserve the QB coach job and QBs haven’t really developed under him. Nkosi Perry looked horrible in the spring game. Rosier wasn’t much better. RB is another position I’m pretty confident in. Returning Homer and Dallas(who should’ve been used a lot more last year) and adding two history recruited RBs in Lorenzo Lingard and Cam Davis. TE is going to rough especially early. Losing Herndon is rough and behind him was garbage. Mike Irvin Jr. at this point is just another kid of a famous athlete that’s lazy and just doesn’t have it. Brian Polendey is nothing more than a blocking TE imo. The future of the position is going to be real nice. It sucks we couldn’t get both the incoming freshman TE to be early enrollees. Brevin Jordan was the best TE in the country from arguably the top HS in the country in Bishop Gorman who to me is a Delanie Walker clone. The other TE Will Mallory will be more of the move TE who will line up at receiver more than in-line but his athleticism is insane for his size and position. Relying on freshman at the TE position isn’t ideal but the future at the position is going to be real nice. As for Richards, last year dealt with injuries all year including during fall camp. Whether it be hamstring or the knee injury that put him out at the end of the year. The hamstring lingered all year. When he’s healthy, he’s one of the best WRs in the country. Problem is, I just don’t think he’ll ever be healthy. I feel hamstrings will always be an issue for him. Oh yea, Rosier sucks btw. Hopefully the freshman Jarren Williams wins the job.