The Official Thread of The []_[]

ttitansfan4life

Special teams is going to haunt us all season long.

Feagles has no business punting at any level of college football, and our freshman kicker hit 40% of his field goals in ******* high school.

Anyways, I'm not too discouraged after last night.  I mean, it was an embarrassing performance without a doubt, but outside of a couple games later in the season, the schedule is very weak from here on out.  Our defense, and especially the front four, should keep us in just about any game as long as we're not giving them the ball in our own territory every possession.

It's just a shame how much Rosier handicaps this team.  There is so much goddamn talent on offense, and it means almost nothing with the quarterback play.  The announcers last night were spot on when they said Miami has no intermediate passing game.  It's either a screen, a slant, or a 50 yard bomb, and Rosier really can't even reliably make any of those throws on a consistent basis.

I fully expect this team to look different by years end. I expect guys like Scaife and Cleveland Reed to be starting on the OL while moving Donaldson inside. Knowles won’t be playing once Hall is up to speed. Sam with Dean once Frierson, Blades, and Ivey improve. That leaves the QB situation. I like Williams the most of any of them but he apparently has issues with going to class. Not sure why that matters when nobody in $EC go to class but here we are.... Perry and Weldon are blah players at best. Our only hope is Williams getting the playbook down and start growing up rather quickly. 

3 hours ago, Hurricane Season said:

It's just a shame how much Rosier handicaps this team.  There is so much goddamn talent on offense, and it means almost nothing with the quarterback play.  The announcers last night were spot on when they said Miami has no intermediate passing game.  It's either a screen, a slant, or a 50 yard bomb, and Rosier really can't even reliably make any of those throws on a consistent basis.

yup. although tbh it's hard to tell how much of that is rosier's fault and how much of that is on richt.

29 minutes ago, Hurricane Season said:

Good point.

I'm also not sure if the line could block long enough for any intermediate routes to develop.

idk, people were getting on the OL last night but i honestly didn’t think they played that badly against what is probably one of the better front 7s in the country. they weren’t great by any stretch of the imagination but nobody expected that. they allowed some pressure and got beat, but they also did an okay job of run blocking and there were plenty of plays where malik had enough time and just blew it. we just had to abandon the run game early since we got down so quick.

i sound like a broken record here but i just really don’t see what we lose by getting perry or weldon (or hell, even williams) into the game next week. throw em in, see who emerges, ride it out. this season isn’t gonna go well with malik under center- there were numerous times last night where i could see receivers visibly frustrated after he missed them. that’s only going to get worse. i just have a bad feeling richt is gonna stick with him for way too long.

Just now, Hurricane Season said:

Hopefully we see much more of Lingard going forward.

Need to see more than just him. The 2nd unit OGs were way better than the first strings and they’re underclassmen. Still think the starting OL should be St. Louis - Reed - Gauthier - Donaldson - Scaife. Also Knowles should not be playing at all. The QB position is a mess. Perry didn’t exactly look great although it was his first game. Same goes for Weldon. Willians to me is the most talented QB on the roster but might not be ready. Toledo next week isn’t a high school team like Savannah State but it should be an “easy” win but with Rosier who knows.

• 2 weeks later...