The Official Thread of The []_[]

ttitansfan4life

33 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

a great OC schemes around it better.  time. Screens to slow the DEs, deep shots to peel back safeties, rolling the pocket, roll the pocket with a reverse. That's page one of the "what can I do" to help my OL. He never got to that page. Plus he wasn't the OC at Alabama last year, he was the QB coach. 

To say Dan Enos had zero impact on the offense at Alabama last year is a joke.  He has a track record and a pretty decent one so he is a good coach offensively, he is not the problem.  It was one game, and if anything they made the RS FR QB look pretty decent with all the short throws and screens they did.  They were competitive in a game almost no one thought they would win and had an OL that played awful.  Hard to blame the OC for inexperienced OL play.

it's crazy how many people are throwing in the towel on this year after a game in which we fielded a freshman-filled roster playing in a brand new offense against a top 10 team (admittedly a top 15 ranking would probably be more appropriate for UF, but whatever) and fought till the end. damn near everything that went wrong in this game is very fixable. the real measuring stick for these coaches will be if our young players grow and develop throughout the season. if they do, this will be a completely different team come october/november.

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Our problem will always be the offense. The defense will have to play hero ball in every meaningful game this year if they want to win.

I was disappointed in the play of Quarterman and Pickney, for being senior leaders they did not show up much in that game or make many plays.  And safety is still a little bit of a question on that D without Johnson or Redwine.  

The offense with Dallas running the ball should be ok as long as he stays healthy, he is much improved.  The QB position is in much better hands than what Perry showed last year.  They have enough weapons to throw to which will make things happen but that OL will be a problem.  Teams will figure out the quick screen game and stop that which could be an issue.  But they cannot really play much worse than they did against Florida and they should improve over time.  

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I was disappointed in the play of Quarterman and Pickney, for being senior leaders they did not show up much in that game or make many plays.  And safety is still a little bit of a question on that D without Johnson or Redwine.  

The offense with Dallas running the ball should be ok as long as he stays healthy, he is much improved.  The QB position is in much better hands than what Perry showed last year.  They have enough weapons to throw to which will make things happen but that OL will be a problem.  Teams will figure out the quick screen game and stop that which could be an issue.  But they cannot really play much worse than they did against Florida and they should improve over time.  

Quarterman and Pinckney were fine. The only time Shaq flubbed up was by being too damn tight to the line of scrimmage and not being able to get over the top on the alley screens.

And yeah Williams is better than the garbage of last year, but he’s still been meh to me. I loathe QBs that take sacks. 

I apologize for my drunken comments on Saturday hah. Overall not bad, I expected worse. Just don't understand how we can't have an average OL. Jarren obviously held the ball too long on plays but he's a RS Freshman so that's not too surprising. Florida is not the #8 team in the country either. Pass rush is concerning.

These LBers are overrated IMO. 

Deejay is a dude btw. Feel fine for the reason of the season. SHOULD make the ACC game and lose by 21.

Edited by M.10.E

• 2 weeks later...