The Official Thread of The []_[]

ttitansfan4life

The OL was a problem for sure, but Jarren deserves a little of the blame as well.  His pocket awareness is as bad as you'd expect from a guy making his first start against a top 10 team in a relatively hostile environment.

Hopefully the coaching staff grills him on throwing the ball away from time to time, and not trying to play hero ball every time the play is busted.

There was at least one play where he just straight up ran out of bounds a few yards behind the line instead of throwing it away.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

That offensive coordinator is bad. I don’t like him already.

And Jarren Williams needs to never take another sack. That RT Johnson needs to eat a bullet. Dude is borderline ruhtahdid. 

Yep, Enos isn't good. 

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Yep, Enos isn't good. 

Dan Enos is the problem?  He was more than a decent coordinator last year on Alabama and had good years at Arkansas with not a ton of talent around him.  And at Central Michigan he turned that program around when he was with Cooper Rush at QB and developed him into a fine player.  He knows the offensive game and is good at developing QBs I feel.  The fact they had such inexperience on the OL was the issue, not the offensive coordinator.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Dan Enos is the problem?  He was more than a decent coordinator last year on Alabama and had good years at Arkansas with not a ton of talent around him.  And at Central Michigan he turned that program around when he was with Cooper Rush at QB and developed him into a fine player.  He knows the offensive game and is good at developing QBs I feel.  The fact they had such inexperience on the OL was the issue, not the offensive coordinator.  

a great OC schemes around it better.  time. Screens to slow the DEs, deep shots to peel back safeties, rolling the pocket, roll the pocket with a reverse. That's page one of the "what can I do" to help my OL. He never got to that page. Plus he wasn't the OC at Alabama last year, he was the QB coach. 

18 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

a great OC schemes around it better.  time. Screens to slow the DEs, deep shots to peel back safeties, rolling the pocket, roll the pocket with a reverse. That's page one of the "what can I do" to help my OL. He never got to that page. Plus he wasn't the OC at Alabama last year, he was the QB coach. 

dude what game were you watching, we ran more screens than i can remember a miami offense running in years lol. and it's easy to say we should have taken more deep shots, but in what universe would the offensive line we saw last night have held up long enough for that to ever be a feasible option?

the one thing i can fault him for is not moving the pocket as much as i would've liked to see, and some of his situational play calling was too conservative for my taste, but i certainly would not call him THE problem from last night.

• Like 1