Training Camp 2019 news and discussion.

Livewire

47 minutes ago, August4th said:

NBC will be televising Sundays game with skycam

not a fan

I just really hope they made adjustments. I remember the parts I hated last year were not being able to see basically outside of the tackle box when viewing from behind. You didn’t see receivers, just the qb zipping the ball out to a place off screen. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I just really hope they made adjustments. I remember the parts I hated last year were not being able to see basically outside of the tackle box when viewing from behind. You didn’t see receivers, just the qb zipping the ball out to a place off screen. 

yeah..I think moving it back just a little would of made a huge difference(maybe that's what they will do sunday..test out some new stuff on a preseason game..which they should of done before) I like the idea of it being mixed in throughout a game, but not for most of the game.

8 hours ago, August4th said:

NBC will be televising Sundays game with skycam

not a fan

lets see how they get the angles set for this view. I am all for trying different ways to broadcast the games, less commercials would be a start though;)  

17 hours ago, DR43 said:

Why aren't the Steelers interested in resigning Hargrave?

I don't know, I haven't been keeping track of this.  He could be the player that signs elsewhere next year and be the source of some bad comments here for colbert. Hargrave would be better in an attacking scheme anyways and I doubt the opt for that scheme here either.  I don't know what the plans are on defence here anyways. Last year williams and bostic were the ILB's, now it appears they will have 2 new ILB's a season later. Who knows what they have in mind for Hargrave and next year 

18 hours ago, DR43 said:

Why aren't the Steelers interested in resigning Hargrave?

It takes two to tango. Hargrave is probably seeing the paychecks other DT are getting and doesn’t want to sell himself short. Grady Jarret just got a boat load and he’s only a little more accomplished. 

I’d say Hargrave and his agent aren’t interested in taking a discount when they know there’s a potential massive pay day waiting after the season.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

It takes two to tango. Hargrave is probably seeing the paychecks other DT are getting and doesn’t want to sell himself short. Grady Jarret just got a boat load and he’s only a little more accomplished. 

I’d say Hargrave and his agent aren’t interested in taking a discount when they know there’s a potential massive pay day waiting after the season.

Is it true that he was only on the field like 40% of the time?  If so, who was on the field in lieu of him?

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

Is it true that he was only on the field like 40% of the time?  If so, who was on the field in lieu of him?

We don't run our base D much with the way the NFL has moved away from the power game. Heyward and Tuitt are both ahead of him in the rotation while we play in our 2 down looks.