Jump to content
.Buzz

Jaguars Training Camp Thread: It's BDN Time

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Take away the injury and i still think coughlin doesn't keep him cuz he wants a run heavy offense with no true number 1 wr

He knows the best offense he ever had also had a true #1 that helped open things up. A-Rob wanted #1 money but he had a serious injury. Too much risk for old man TC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chark showed out today. Really hope he can take that step. We need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Chark showed out today. Really hope he can take that step. We need it.

Yea we can blame Bortles for some stuff but Chark didn't do himself a lot of favors as a rookie either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 5:52 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He knows the best offense he ever had also had a true #1 that helped open things up. A-Rob wanted #1 money but he had a serious injury. Too much risk for old man TC

So instead of paying arob he decides to spend roughly the same amount on lee and moncrief.  Definitely a bad play even off a "serious" injury.  Acl injuries arent as feared now and players seem to recover fine from them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

So instead of paying arob he decides to spend roughly the same amount on lee and moncrief.  Definitely a bad play even off a "serious" injury.  Acl injuries arent as feared now and players seem to recover fine from them.  

How many games did Robinson play last year? It's not just the ACL. It's that he's injury prone and isn't worth the price tag.

Edited by MightyRx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

So instead of paying arob he decides to spend roughly the same amount on lee and moncrief.  Definitely a bad play even off a "serious" injury.  Acl injuries arent as feared now and players seem to recover fine from them.  

I’m not understanding why the whole ARob thing is still an issue. Did anyone hear from ARob last yr? Was his play worth 14 million dollars last yr? You do realize Robinson had 7 more receptions and only 86 more total yards than Moncrief. Robinson is going to make 15 mill this yr. Not worth the money especially for someone who didn’t want to be in Jax let it go folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I’m not understanding why the whole ARob thing is still an issue. Did anyone hear from ARob last yr? Was his play worth 14 million dollars last yr? You do realize Robinson had 7 more receptions and only 86 more total yards than Moncrief. Robinson is going to make 15 mill this yr. Not worth the money especially for someone who didn’t want to be in Jax let it go folks.

Agreed. Unless Arob starts balling like he did before the ACL injury then we 100% made the right call not signing him. Now what we did with that money is a whole different story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I’m not understanding why the whole ARob thing is still an issue. Did anyone hear from ARob last yr? Was his play worth 14 million dollars last yr? You do realize Robinson had 7 more receptions and only 86 more total yards than Moncrief. Robinson is going to make 15 mill this yr. Not worth the money especially for someone who didn’t want to be in Jax let it go folks.

Do u realize trubs is a medicore qb and has to share targets with other good targets like Cohen(71 catches) yaylir Gabriel(67), trey burton(54) and Anthony miller(33).  

Dont forget that the bears scheme spreads the balls around and no player averaged over 60 yards a game. 

Edited by LinderFournette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MightyRx said:

How many games did Robinson play last year? It's not just the ACL. It's that he's injury prone and isn't worth the price tag.

He missed 3 games ladt year. How many did the brittle lee and moncrief miss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed. Unless Arob starts balling like he did before the ACL injury then we 100% made the right call not signing him. Now what we did with that money is a whole different story

If he was with us right now id say he would be balling with foles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

He missed 3 games ladt year. How many did the brittle lee and moncrief miss?

My guy. You're having 2 different arguments. I don't care about Lee and Moncrief. I'm addressing the Robinson situation. He's had 1 very good year and you want to break the bank for him. That's a recipe for cap hell. Do you remember those days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MightyRx said:

My guy. You're having 2 different arguments. I don't care about Lee and Moncrief. I'm addressing the Robinson situation. He's had 1 very good year and you want to break the bank for him. That's a recipe for cap hell. Do you remember those days?

Well actually we are kind and of in cap hell now but you bring up some valid points.. the Jags already have issues signing Yann now.. so add an ARob contract on the books that makes it even more difficult. ARob is a solid receiver but he isn’t upper echelon wideout. For LinderFournette you said Chi spreads around the rock. ARob would have essential been in the same boat here. I think a few of you view ARob as a top 10 receiver in the league.. but it’s probably 25 receivers that you can run off that you’d take before you’d get to ARobs name.. To me it’s only like 5-8 receivers in the league who is worth making big time money. ARob does not fit that build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Do u realize trubs is a medicore qb and has to share targets with other good targets like Cohen(71 catches) yaylir Gabriel(67), trey burton(54) and Anthony miller(33).  

Dont forget that the bears scheme spreads the balls around and no player averaged over 60 yards a game. 

Yeah.  I think it's goofy to use ARob's total yards/targets against him, when that's clearly a much deeper offense that spreads the ball all over the field.  Free Agent acquisitions like that are rarely fully "worth" their cap number, but i'd say he was worth in that he was an important cog in that Bears offensive machine taking an important step forward.  Having a target like ARob is about more than just the raw number of catches/yards they accrue personally...it's about the pressure it puts on defenses and the options it can help open up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I think it's goofy to use ARob's total yards/targets against him, when that's clearly a much deeper offense that spreads the ball all over the field.  Free Agent acquisitions like that are rarely fully "worth" their cap number, but i'd say he was worth in that he was an important cog in that Bears offensive machine taking an important step forward.  Having a target like ARob is about more than just the raw number of catches/yards they accrue personally...it's about the pressure it puts on defenses and the options it can help open up.

Doesnt that make for a bad use of their money though? If you’re going to use so many guys then why pay him so much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:
12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Doesnt that make for a bad use of their money though? If you’re going to use so many guys then why pay him so much?

For LinderFournette you said Chi spreads around the rock. ARob would have essential been in the same boat here. 

🤷‍♂️ Exactly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×