That Time When Forge & Y2 Started a Podcast

y2lamanaki

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I love the callout of @oldman9er over marsh after what happened in the other thread

I was so giddy when he made that post because I knew the pod would be up soon. It's all done in good humor, obviously (I mean, I just said Dee could get 20 sacks LOL), so I loved that we could have the little inside joke like that with the forum and people would understand and be amused by it. So for him to come in and say that really just added to it. 

A heads up for those excited by this endeavor - Forge and I are going to record episode 2 this weekend. The goal is weekly with known breaks from time to time. I will be working on an outline soon.

Just wanted to provide an update on our plans for this. Thanks for the early feedback/excitement. 

• Like 2

This is some Wizard of Oz stuff reveal behind the curtains. I've been on this forum for 15 years, not sure I'm ready to hear y2's voice. 

Seriously though, this is awesome. Podcats for small communities are amazing too. The other dynasty league i'm in has a podcast and it makes the league 10x more enjoyable. Albeit, this is a different subject, but still, super cool. (also, if you need any pointers on editing or content, feel free to hit me up.) 

• Like 3

We  hope you guys like it and continue to listen. We are really excited to get this going and keep it up.  We'd even like to have other posters on to talk about stuff if and when any of you have the opportunity or the desire to do so. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We  hope you guys like it and continue to listen. We are really excited to get this going and keep it up.  We'd even like to have other posters on to talk about stuff if and when any of you have the opportunity or the desire to do so. 

Give me a heads up, i'm always down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gridirongorilla said:

Gotta be there Hatputs podcast

This one has me so torn. On one hand, few things feel more truly fitting than using the second best word I ever had a hand in creating (I basically have renamed a close friend "Drok" with just about anyone who knows both of us), and a word that has somehow lived for over a decade in forum lore. On the other hand, the marketer in me knows that essentially caps our podcast reach to this forum only because nobody outside the forum will understand it. Heck, I suspect anyone who joined after 2011 might not get it either. 

Maybe the best way to go about it would be to use it in a tagline. Such as: The (Insert Name Here) Podcast, "A podcast by hatputs, for hatputs."

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Sounds great, man.

So uhh... what are your plans this weekend? As the first to officially volunteer, care to be the first guest?

I think i'm good this weekend. Let me check with my wife when she gets back.