Standout Observations from Various Site Preset Rankings

Dr LBC

So even though my leagues are on Yahoo and ESPN platforms, I typically use the Sleeper and FantasyPros apps/simulators for my mocks because I feel they're more realistic.  However, getting closer to draft time I like to spread out some mocks onto the platforms I'll be drafting on to see if there are any advantageous (under/over-ranked players) that I can take advantage of (i.e. know that I've got a better chance of said players reaching me without having to do a reach that's necessarily in line with my tiers - or at least limit it to only a round, know that a certain platform has certain players ranked later so I can feel more comfortable going in a different direction earlier on to make sure I'm getting more guys from my higher tiers at that position).

Some examples:

- Chris Carson is Yahoo's 22nd-ranked RB (in standard) and 48th-rated player (47.0 ADP), meanwhile where I've got him charted out, he should eclipse 190 fantasy points in standard scoring, which would be good for 17th-best RB... plus he has upside if you look at the fact that he was a Top 5 fantasy RB to close the season last year.

- Similarly Guice is their 32nd-ranked RB and 79th-rated player (65.0 ADP).  I'm not saying draft him to be anything more than your FLEX, but he should outproduce his draft position if that's where he's going.  I've been able to get him religiously as my RB4 or even RB5 which is worth the risk given what we know he's capable of doing when healthy (and LSU's system never showed off what he is capable of catching the ball).

- But even more kind of glaring than that... James White is right in that same area (34th-ranked RB; 84th-rated player; 64.0 ADP) and even in standard leagues he still finished as a Top 20 RB last season.

- Marvin Jones is Yahoo's 38th-ranked WR, 90th-rated player (93.0 ADP) as Yahoo seems to forget that Stafford played with spinal fractures last season, behind a beaten up OL, and Jones himself fought injuries, but was still productive when healthy.  I have him charted as a bounce-back candidate with better production than the likes of Sammy Watkins, Dede Westbrook, and Corey Davis - all of whom Y! has going ahead of him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

So even though my leagues are on Yahoo and ESPN platforms, I typically use the Sleeper and FantasyPros apps/simulators for my mocks because I feel they're more realistic.  However, getting closer to draft time I like to spread out some mocks onto the platforms I'll be drafting on to see if there are any advantageous (under/over-ranked players) that I can take advantage of (i.e. know that I've got a better chance of said players reaching me without having to do a reach that's necessarily in line with my tiers - or at least limit it to only a round, know that a certain platform has certain players ranked later so I can feel more comfortable going in a different direction earlier on to make sure I'm getting more guys from my higher tiers at that position).

Some examples:

- Chris Carson is Yahoo's 22nd-ranked RB (in standard) and 48th-rated player (47.0 ADP), meanwhile where I've got him charted out, he should eclipse 190 fantasy points in standard scoring, which would be good for 17th-best RB... plus he has upside if you look at the fact that he was a Top 5 fantasy RB to close the season last year.

- Similarly Guice is their 32nd-ranked RB and 79th-rated player (65.0 ADP).  I'm not saying draft him to be anything more than your FLEX, but he should outproduce his draft position if that's where he's going.  I've been able to get him religiously as my RB4 or even RB5 which is worth the risk given what we know he's capable of doing when healthy (and LSU's system never showed off what he is capable of catching the ball).

- But even more kind of glaring than that... James White is right in that same area (34th-ranked RB; 84th-rated player; 64.0 ADP) and even in standard leagues he still finished as a Top 20 RB last season.

- Marvin Jones is Yahoo's 38th-ranked WR, 90th-rated player (93.0 ADP) as Yahoo seems to forget that Stafford played with spinal fractures last season, behind a beaten up OL, and Jones himself fought injuries, but was still productive when healthy.  I have him charted as a bounce-back candidate with better production than the likes of Sammy Watkins, Dede Westbrook, and Corey Davis - all of whom Y! has going ahead of him.

Do you happen to know the splits for Marvin Jones and Golladay after the Tate trade?

Also Carson looks like he'll be more involved in the passing game so that's gonna help out in ppr.

-Carson was picked in round 5 last year in my league. I have a feeling he's gonna be there again this year. Folks maybe afraid of penny in my home league.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Do you happen to know the splits for Marvin Jones and Golladay after the Tate trade?

Also Carson looks like he'll be more involved in the passing game so that's gonna help out in ppr.

-Carson was picked in round 5 last year in my league. I have a feeling he's gonna be there again this year. Folks maybe afraid of penny in my home league.

I think Carson and Lindsay will scare people because of Penny and Royce

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I forgot that Marv Jones and Golladay only played three games together after Tate was traded since Jones tore his knee.

Golladay: 18 Targets 10 receptions 136 total rec yards and 1 td

Jones: 25 Targets 16 Receptions 238 total rec yards and 2 td

Yeah, maybe I need to pay more attention to Marvin Jones...

Golladay had one dud vs Miami, I assume he was covered by Xaiver Howard. He only saw one target which he caught for 12 yards.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Difference is that I'm very positive there will be enough touches in Seattle for both Carson and Penny to be viable fantasy contributors this season.  Not sure, outside of PPR formats that Penny is more than a plus-match-up play or bye-week fill without a Carson injury, but this is a Schottenheimer offense that wants to run, run, and run some more.  And I realize it's a ways back before a lot of people remember playing fantasy football, but LT and Michael Turner were both viable contributors out of the same Chargers backfield back-when.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I forgot that Marv Jones and Golladay only played three games together after Tate was traded since Jones tore his knee.

Golladay had one dud vs Miami, I assume he was covered by Xaiver Howard. He only saw one target which he caught for 12 yards.

At this point, depending on your league size, you can get him as your WR4 or WR5 and he's got WR3, possibly even low-end WR2, ability if he stays healthy.  Maybe it's just me, but I think he's the more natural fit (in terms of the role that has produced in the past) in Bevell's scheme compared to Golladay.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

At this point, depending on your league size, you can get him as your WR4 or WR5 and he's got WR3, possibly even low-end WR2, ability if he stays healthy.  Maybe it's just me, but I think he's the more natural fit (in terms of the role that has produced in the past) in Bevell's scheme compared to Golladay.

12 team league for me. I think I could squeeze him in as a WR4 but if I really wanted him then WR3 then.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Golladay was kind of frustrating to own last season. There were 9 games where he saw 8+ targets, but there were also 5 games where he saw 4 targets or less, including a 3 game span where he saw a TOTAL of 7 targets combined in 3 games. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Golladay was kind of frustrating to own last season. There were 9 games where he saw 8+ targets, but there were also 5 games where he saw 4 targets or less, including a 3 game span where he saw a TOTAL of 7 targets combined in 3 games. 

He should be more consistent this season. And not to mention, that you are likely drafting him as a WR2 or WR3, so you’re not likely playing matchups with him. OBJ is the same way. You just start him and hope that he has more great than bad games. 

Whats fruatrating is an inconsistent FLEX option. Robbie Anderson last year for instance. Or DeSean Jackson for the past half decade. Those streaky deep threats are just about impossible to play matchups. 

8 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

He should be more consistent this season. And not to mention, that you are likely drafting him as a WR2 or WR3, so you’re not likely playing matchups with him. OBJ is the same way. You just start him and hope that he has more great than bad games. 

Whats fruatrating is an inconsistent FLEX option. Robbie Anderson last year for instance. Or DeSean Jackson for the past half decade. Those streaky deep threats are just about impossible to play matchups. 

I do like Anderson this year if Darnold improves at all which he should

On 8/7/2019 at 1:29 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yahoo's default rankings(because I have to set it ahead of time bc I'm auto drafting) has Carson way behind Penny...why is that?

I don't know, but I'll happily reap those benefits.

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I want to but this autopick thing is annoying. I have him rated highly comparatively so unless they fix it he’s definitely mine haha. First 20 guys were QBs...

What blue hell does your league exist in?