GDT 8/8/19 Preseason Week 1: Baltimore Ravens vs Jacksonville Jaguars

DreamKid

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Jaylon Ferguson is definitely not someone we want dropping back into coverage on any sort of regular basis. He did not look good in space.

I noticed that as well. Was anxious to see him rush on 3rd down and they dropped him.

• Like 1

On 1st watch there was nothing that struck me as flat out bad. Pretty much everyone we wanted to see pop, did. Sieler was a little bit of a disappointment for me though. He had a couple pressures, one of which was a razor close to becoming a Sack, but he spent too much time on the ground or stifled by a single blocker. I wanted dominance, not Hot & Cold play. Willis III's play was a let down as well. Trash leverage saw him pushed around quite a bit.

Quick Hits

- Boykin and Hill look as advertised.

- Kenny Young flashed, Chris Board didn't. Peanut looks ready to be the man at ILB.

- Ervin didn't come off as the sleeper some have touted him to be.

- We're going to be fine at OLB. Once again we saw Williams and Bowser perform to their station.

- Our Safeties are good. The Elliot and Clark duo will be fun to watch all preseason.

- Andrews and Hurst were out there too long imo.

Welcome back Ravens football.

• Like 1

One thing I will say is that while Young popped. He also had some negative plays that also popped, whereas Board never had a play that I can recall that stood out negatively.

So since Peanut can be our splash linebacker, it makes sense having his running mate be a guy that makes few mistakes out there and can play the Robin role to his Batman (so to speak).

• Like 1

And yeah, Boykin was on another level over the rest of our receivers. It was apparent. Can’t see him not starting along the outside. He just has too much he can do. He didn’t make the plays when he was forcefed, but it didn’t look like he couldn’t make those catches. But he can operate at the short, intermediate, and deep levels of the offense. Plus his blocking was pretty good. He doesn’t seem overwhelmed by big moments, how do you take this guy off the field for a Seth Roberts or even a Chris Moore?

• Like 1