Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, I doubt they'd get anything good from the Pats anyway.  Might be better to just wait out the preseason and see if a desperate team comes knocking.  It's not like we have much to lose by waiting it out.  A 2020 pick can't help us this year.

Belichick- Give me Trent I’ll give you a bag of footballs

Bruce- ahhh I don’t know

Belichick- the balls are slightly deflated

Bruce- pffffft (spits out his camomile tea) DEAL!!!!! 

There no way on God’s green earth Bruce can deal with Belichick and get something we’d be excited about. 

• Like 1

They can't just give him away. I really don't expect Bruce to do that. For as much as all of us hate Bruce, he's a tough negotiator. Not saying we’ll get back a first but I expect to get back something meaningful for one of the best LTs in the NFL.

41 minutes ago, Woz said:

Again, doesn't shock me that a ”team source” is denying it. They've been in denial or acted like it for months, I think all along they've known that Trent may decide to never play for them again.

At the least, I'm glad they finally brought in a vet like Donald Penn who can hopefully be serviceable this season - if Trent is traded or doesn't play - and then next draft we take a LT prospect in round 1 if we don't think Chrisitan is developed enough to be a starting LT in 2020.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, I doubt they'd get anything good from the Pats anyway.  Might be better to just wait out the preseason and see if a desperate team comes knocking.  It's not like we have much to lose by waiting it out.  A 2020 pick can't help us this year.

Yup. We don't have to trade him until the trade deadline. He's not picking up a salary anyway

2 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Belichick- Give me Trent I’ll give you a bag of footballs

Bruce- ahhh I don’t know

Belichick- the balls are slightly deflated

Bruce- pffffft (spits out his camomile tea) DEAL!!!!! 

There no way on God’s green earth Bruce can deal with Belichick and get something we’d be excited about. 

Knowing Bruce, he just wouldn't trade him then. Bruce didn't trade Kirk away when Kirk was at his peak value coming off Kirk’s 2016 season where he nearly threw for 5,000 yds despite the fact that Kirk was asking for a contract that it was clear the Redskins weren't ever going to give him.

Given Bruce’s stubbornness w/ the Kirk negotiations and the unwillingness go trade him away, I could see Bruce doing the same thing here. It’d be a pure rick move, but make Trent sit out the next two years - if he won't play for the Redskins - and then take the 3rd round comp pick in 2022 if Trent signs w/ another team when he becomes a free agent in 2021. 

Not what I would do, but I could see Bruce and Dan deciding to do that rather than trading Trent right now.

• Like 2