Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

33 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Because he’s a snake and snakes do political work lol. Might have to sacrifice a unicorn to do it but he will find a way to con some area into funding for this stadium

If you see a snake coming, you get a stick or bat and beat it into a pulp. A snake is only dangerous when you don't see it.

They're going to see Washington coming. Things don't look good on that front.

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah I mean if I’m Snyder I’d talk to Trent I mean I know Danny thinks Bruce is getting him this stadium and I believe he will too. But if the best player in Dan Snyder’s run at owning his team as far as results on the field over time I think he deserves a listen.

At this point, with the way Snyder is running this franchise, his new stadium is going to come when he tears down FedEx and builds one there.  

VA wants nothing to do with it, especially after the problems that Richmond is having with the training camp facility and all the money it's cost them.  

MD governor Hogan offered a piece of land across the water from the National Harbor, but pulled it back in the winter, probably after he saw how Snyder and Allen ousted Lafemina.  The timing wasn't coincidental in my opinion.  

Allen did get a rider onto the original omnibus spending bill (that caused the government furloughs earlier in the year) but after the bill was revisited, this rider was removed and is dead.  The rider was that the land that RFK sits on would have ownership transferred from the National Park Service to a DC government group for the next 100 years, instead of 2038 which is the current lease agreement.  

Something drastic needs to change in the perception of the franchise, or else Snyder is going to be stuck where he is.  He expected a bidding war for his stadium, and it's been anything but. 

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

At this point, with the way Snyder is running this franchise, his new stadium is going to come when he tears down FedEx and builds one there.  

VA wants nothing to do with it, especially after the problems that Richmond is having with the training camp facility and all the money it's cost them.  

MD governor Hogan offered a piece of land across the water from the National Harbor, but pulled it back in the winter, probably after he saw how Snyder and Allen ousted Lafemina.  The timing wasn't coincidental in my opinion.  

Allen did get a rider onto the original omnibus spending bill (that caused the government furloughs earlier in the year) but after the bill was revisited, this rider was removed and is dead.  The rider was that the land that RFK sits on would have ownership transferred from the National Park Service to a DC government group for the next 100 years, instead of 2038 which is the current lease agreement.  

Something drastic needs to change in the perception of the franchise, or else Snyder is going to be stuck where he is.  He expected a bidding war for his stadium, and it's been anything but. 

Great post! I’d say you’re right. The next stadium is likely to be built where Fed Ex is but we just never know. Different people will be elected in each of those states and possibly DC in the next few years, that could change things. I guess we’ll see.

9 minutes ago, New Era Skins said:

Gruden always praises Samaje, any chance if he produces big in preseason they cut AD? 

If Peterson is healthy and they inexplicably decide that Perine's preseason performance is better than that of a future Hall of Famer's (admittedly one in the twilight of his career), I think they'd trade Peterson before they cut him. If they cannot trade him, they might see if they can bump the 53rd player in exchange for Peterson.

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I hear there are lots of places in Beautiful Baltimore that would love to have a Stadium watch at 1.13

36 minutes ago, New Era Skins said:

Gruden always praises Samaje, any chance if he produces big in preseason they cut AD? 

I think he's doing it to try to build up Samaje’s trade value. I think they're not going to play Peterson or Guice much in the preseason and Gruden has already reported that Bryce Love is not going to start the season on the active roster.

So, to me that means that the Redskins are going to talk up Perine want to showcase him in the preseason so they can hopefully trade him at the end of the preseason or beginning of the season to a team that needs a backup RB.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I think he's doing it to try to build up Samaje’s trade value. I think they're not going to play Peterson or Guice much in the preseason and Gruden has already reported that Bryce Love is not going to start the season on the active roster.

So, to me that means that the Redskins are going to talk up Perine want to showcase him in the preseason so they can hopefully trade him at the end of the preseason or beginning of the season to a team that needs a backup RB.

Perhaps but hearing Gruden talk about new lineman signed, it seems like he has little to no say on who is on the roster. That's is Bruce and Dan. He was obviously very disheartened that Catalina was cut. 

Archived