Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

Just now, turtle28 said:

I think the article is spot on. I think Trent’s side - really Trent himself, not hiding behind his agent - should have talked to Dan, Bruce, Doug, Jay etc earlier in the offseason about his issues. 

Since then though I put most of the blame on the Redskins front office. In their defense, I think they were blindsided by Trent’s decision when it came out, but since that's come out I don't think the Redskins have done enough to try to mend the relationship. 

It's why I've thought all along that they should just trade Trent if it's true that he won't play for the Redskins again. 

Still though, I think Redskins, in particular Dan and Bruce should have done more to try to fix this relationship than they the last few months. Instead they've just hoped everything would work out. This puts an even bigger black eye on an already horribly run Dan Snyder organization.

I honestly don't know why any free agents would ever want to play for the Redskins other than we are paying them more to come play for us than other teams will.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

10/10 would laugh again

Sims’ number one problem has always been his inability to stay healthy. He rarely stayed healthy in college and didn't in his rookie season either. I hope it's not serious. 

Edited by turtle28

I'm not the biggest Paulsen fan, but yeah, why aren't you? I'm sure they've been in contact with him or his agent, but go out to wherever he is and sit down with him. If nothing else, at least you would get a true sense of whether the relationship can be repaired (read body language, etc.).

Though a very underrated reply is probably true:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Woz calls his shot again and it seems he hit it out of the park! 

I will freely admit I make bad calls about projections/evaluations of college players, but once you have tape on a pro, you generally know what they are.

43 minutes ago, Woz said:

I will freely admit I make bad calls about projections/evaluations of college players, but once you have tape on a pro, you generally know what they are.

Yeah most of the time. I always just hope someone can improve and a lot of times I'm wrong about that.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

A whole lot of miscommunication and misunderstandings ... the only good thing that can perhaps come of this is Brice's canning. I'm just not optimistic that happens.

Wow, both sides man, definitely both sides. Trent should have gotten a second opinion. Also, team doctors suck if they don't know the difference between a cyst and a tumor. 

I can understand him not wanting to play in DC anymore, but he should have made himself more clear about that and should have done so in February or early March, when free agency started and before the draft.

As I said earlier, both sides have screwed the pooch on this one, especially in the last 3 months or so.

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

A whole lot of miscommunication and misunderstandings ... the only good thing that can perhaps come of this is Brice's canning. I'm just not optimistic that happens.

Not sure how much of that would fall on Bruce, but if the training staff got poop-canned over it. $$$$$$$$$.

• Like 1