Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

43 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Seriously do you believe Bellichik would offer a 1 for an old Left Tackle who hasn’t been able to play 4 games without getting injured the last few years? That sounds like the deal Vinny would make :)

23tfla.jpg

Yes bc if they don't protect Brady they won't have a chance at a super bowl

56 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Seriously do you believe Bellichik would offer a 1 for an old Left Tackle who hasn’t been able to play 4 games without getting injured the last few years? That sounds like the deal Vinny would make :)

23tfla.jpg

Actually, I do. They are in the back of the 1st round each year. So the pick is basically a 2nd rounder with a 5th year option. And Trent is a known commodity who would be better than anyone else they could get at the end of the 1st. 

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Actually, I do. They are in the back of the 1st round each year. So the pick is basically a 2nd rounder with a 5th year option. And Trent is a known commodity who would be better than anyone else they could get at the end of the 1st. 

Doc is biased when concerning Trent. It’s not a bad thing but he just sees Trent differently than most do and I think this clouds his judgment on what his worth would be in a trade. 

1. Jadeveon Clowney has to be the most underrated #1 pick of all time.

2. Trent isn’t being held hostage. Refusing to give someone something they’re not entitled to is not “holding them hostage.” The Cowboys/Chargers aren’t holding Zeke/Gordon hostage by refusing to give them a raise, and the Redskins aren’t holding Trent hostage by refusing to trade him. 

3. Good clips of Coach Tomlin, the pride and joy of W&M football (now that Darren Sharper has, ahem, fallen from grace ever so slightly). 

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Hmmm... 

I honestly can’t think of another. He regularly plays strong against the run and for two straight years has gotten near 10 sacks.

Most of the time #1 overall picks are overrated by fans and media just bc they were drafted #1 overall.

In Clowney’s case bc he battled injuries early in his career many undervalue him.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I honestly can’t think of another. He regularly plays strong against the run and for two straight years has gotten near 10 sacks.

Most of the time #1 overall picks are overrated by fans and media just bc they were drafted #1 overall.

In Clowney’s case bc he battled injuries early in his career many undervalue him.

So in a way, the argument could be that he's underrated, but also not living up to his #1 pick billing?

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So in a way, the argument could be that he's underrated, but also not living up to his #1 pick billing?

How is a guy who’s good to great run defender and who for two years has gotten 9 and 9.5 sacks and been a key cog on one of the league’s best defenses - even when Watt was hurt - not lived up to being the #1 pick?

Archived