South Pole Madness Mafia: N8 Sunday at 10 pm est Nacho wins

Pickle Rick

On 8/13/2019 at 10:05 AM, Woz said:
On 8/12/2019 at 9:03 PM, Pickle Rick said:
On 8/12/2019 at 2:56 PM, Pickle Rick said:

Welcome Dr. Woz @Woz.  You have become increasingly paranoid to the point where at times you speak with the penguins.  As your sanity is slipping you realize survival is all that matters now. 

Alignment: You are Insanity Aligned 

Abilities: You have a needle full of blood that has been infected Dengue.  Each night you can:

-Infect (hit) a player 

-You have a 2 shot commute  

Each night you must also send me a section of the facility (grid) that you would like to search.  If you fail to do so, you will be randomly assigned one. 

So during the night I will need the following

Night move:

Grid search:

Wincon: Make it to the next sunrise when the next wave of scientists arrive at the USAMRIID facility.  Survive to the end of the game at all costs.

RE
TIRED

@Slappy Mc

where are you seeing that we need to "remove the Darwinists"?

On 8/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, Pickle Rick said:

Day 32

We found another scientist dead this morning, reality is beginning to warp for a few of them.  I am not sure how much longer it will be until they snap.  Our goal still remains to make it to the next sunrise, roughly 150 more days and remove the Darwinists.   

@squire12

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:
On 8/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, Pickle Rick said:

Day 32

We found another scientist dead this morning, reality is beginning to warp for a few of them.  I am not sure how much longer it will be until they snap.  Our goal still remains to make it to the next sunrise, roughly 150 more days and remove the Darwinists.   

@squire12

I think the working theory on this game set up is that each of us had the potential to be a Darwinist given the concept of "survival of the fittest".  The fear of kill or be killed led some to kill other players, thus dwindling our numbers to where we are.  Removing the Darwinists comes down to restraining our desire to kill in order to survive.  IF each of us can find the strength to not kill, then each of us remaining can make it out alive and survive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think the working theory on this game set up is that each of us had the potential to be a Darwinist given the concept of "survival of the fittest".  The fear of kill or be killed led some to kill other players, thus dwindling our numbers to where we are.  Removing the Darwinists comes down to restraining our desire to kill in order to survive.  IF each of us can find the strength to not kill, then each of us remaining can make it out alive and survive.

I understood what was being presented, but why wouldn’t an actual Darwinist push that theory? 

It definitely seems like the game is built around paranoia and deception, but I can’t shake the feeling that Darwinists exist and we will lose if they survive till the end.

The five needles in the beginning was a big warning sign that Darwinists do exist. I believe most of the “factions” that have been mentioned exist. (I belong to one of the mentioned) The thing I am skeptical on is the people that claim differing abilities or a role of “Survivalist” because of the nature of the role I was given and some of the others suggested. Survivalist doesn’t fit the “mental break” role suggestion.

Also if I read it correctly 2 people died last night but 3 syringes were missing. I think we are writing the game off too quickly. Or I am overthinking a cracked davinci code.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Also if I read it correctly 2 people died last night but 3 syringes were missing. I think we are writing the game off too quickly. Or I am overthinking a cracked davinci code.

that likely means that 2 people killed orca and one killed whicker

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Only reason I mention it is that Orca claimed to have some “game breaker” of some kind.

he was bluffing imo

he claimed he could kill the guy with the suit and the suit itself

if he was a darwin and telling the truth, he would have done it already

Edited by Malfatron

10 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The thing I am skeptical on is the people that claim differing abilities or a role of “Survivalist” because of the nature of the role I was given and some of the others suggested.

only 1 person claimed a different role, and i think its a indy gambit.

any darwin would just claim the actual known moveset and not deviate.

i believe its up to each one of us to decide to live together.

On 8/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, Pickle Rick said:

It would end it being the longest and toughest fight of their lives as they struggle to survive the darkness and madness that would engulf the entire continent for the next six months.  The group of scientists that would take up the challenge stood outside of the facility watching the last bit of warmth and light leave their world and usher in a new reality, one which would test their sanity and their resolve

pickle gave us a plain clue that our resolve would be tested.

i think pickle figured he would get his bloodbath. lets not. lets all just search for the pp suit until the calvary comes

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

only 1 person claimed a different role, and i think its a indy gambit.

any darwin would just claim the actual known moveset and not deviate.

i believe its up to each one of us to decide to live together.

Well if my understanding of the commute ability is correct, I should be safe at least tonight and tomorrow night.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

so are you blindly hitting or do you have a specific purpose?

i cant stress enough that killing is bad.

Well considering that I could not have any information over a hunch, I have to answer blindly. 

I will say that my targets were educated guesses on my part. (One may  have been personal)

With commuting tonight and tomorrow. I will probably consider attempting a hit again on N6. I just have a hard time believing we can all survive and win...

That would mean there is literally no way for someone to lose. At the point that everyone is killed and 1 person is left they won’t kill themselves...

i mean, yeah you could try to be the one left standing or we could all work together.

i would take greater satisfaction of we "beat" dr. pickles game and worked together because hes expecting us to slaughter each other.

my first move in the game was "no move".

im not going to give away whether i commuted last night or not, but the only person i hit was mission because he didnt really understand the game anyway.