Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins - Sept. 10, 1:00 PM

Phire

Just now, BLick12 said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pretty sure they Bliitzed up the gut on that telegraphed pass play call. 

No, they actually only rushed 3 on that play.

Yeah, that's the 2nd and 10 they rushed 3 and dropped 8. 

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

^ My favorite thing about that play is how long Lane and Brandon blocked their guys. 

I'm going to assume Wentz is to you what Maclin was to Ninja if that was your best take away from that play. Blocking was great don't get me wrong, but Carson scrambling around like chicken while finding a WR 40 yds downfield? Was the play.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm going to assume Wentz is to you what Maclin was to Ninja if that was your best take away from that play. Blocking was great don't get me wrong, but Carson scrambling around like chicken while finding a WR 40 yds downfield? Was the play.

I said what my favorite thing was about the play.

Not sure how that discredits what Wentz did.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:
4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It had nothing to do with being on the same page. These aren't timing routes.

Wentz just missed him.

you dont think practice helps deep routes?

Of course it doesn't. Every WR runs the same speed. Wentz should automatically hit him in stride. Whether it's Smith, Jeffery, Ertz, Blount, doesn't matter. He missed him. No amount of Actual Game Action playing together will help.

It's overrated.

Yea Wentz still has some mechanical things he needs to work on (which was expected for his development). The deep ball is something he can definitely improve on.

Was nice to see Smith run right past Norman a few times, shows he had the speed and teams will have to respect it. 

From PFF:

PHI-Eagles-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:

Edge Brandon Graham, 90.2 overall grade

TE Zach Ertz, 85.3 overall grade

DI Fletcher Cox, 84.2 overall grade

WR Nelson Agholor, 82.7 overall grade

CB Patrick Robinson, 82.3 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

QB CARSON WENTZ, 76.5 OVERALL GRADE

Wentz enjoyed an efficient start to the 2017 season without wowing overall in the season opener. He missed only 5-of-29 attempts short of 20 yards, showing good accuracy in the intermediate range in particular. The second-year starter also looked spectacular at times escaping pressure. On the other hand, he took a number of risks downfield, fortunately seeing a number of potential interceptions dropped. Combined with some issues throwing the ball laterally around the line of scrimmage (including a disastrous lateral recovered by Washington), it is obvious there are a number of areas where Wentz can still improve.

OG ISAAC SEUMALO, 34.1 OVERALL GRADE

Patience is always needed when developing starters, particularly on the offensive line, but Seumalo’s performances remain highly frustrating. Although adequate in pass protection (one hit & two hurries allowed on 46 dropbacks), he looks ill-suited to executing the Eagles’ running scheme. On one series of plays with Philadelphia trying to run down the clock, Seumalo missed the same assignment three times in a row, allowing Washington’s linebackers to consistently penetrate. With impressive depth up front, it remains to be seen how long the Eagles persist with their current front five.

EDGE BRANDON GRAHAM, 90.2 OVERALL GRADE

The play everyone will remember is the fumble which sealed the game for the Eagles, where he was in Cousins’ face as he released the ball regradless if the referees got the call right. But that was just part of the story as he was a force throughout the game recording two sacks and four hurries.

CB JALEN MILLS, 60.3 OVERALL GRADE

After a rookie season where Mills was one of the lowest graded corners, he was targeted 15 times against Washington and gave up 10 catches for 108 yards, while he gave up a lot of yards he was able to limit the big plays to just one and keep everything in front of him.

Still shocked that Patrick Robinson played so well after Darby got hurt. I was fully expecting a disaster based on how it was reported in training camp that everyone was abusing him.

He's gonna be the starter against the Chiefs. Will be interesting to see how he does against a speedy Tyreek Hill.

Archived