Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins - Sept. 10, 1:00 PM

Phire

I thought overall it was a great team win for the Birds today. We finally beat Cousins and the Skins while picking up a crucial win on the road against a divisional opponent. That could be useful given that the NFC East is always a tight race at the end of the year.

I thought Wentz looked good today. He wasn't really helped out by the run game or Dougie P's play calling,  but he made some nice throws on the move and stayed poised in the face of pressure. I agree with a lot of you that were saying that he's erratic - I think we just have to take the good with the bad. Hopefully he can even out his inconsistencies as the season progresses. It'd be nice if he could nail down that deep ball accuracy to Torrey Smith.

I have no idea what the hell Pederson is thinking on some of these calls. Going sideways and running screen plays simply does not work in the NFL. Just freakin pound the rock with Blount when we have a lead late in the game. The man gets stronger as the game goes on. With that being said, the o-line play was pretty disheartening today at some points so they need to get that straightened out. Looks like Lane needs the juice lol.

The front 7 was dominant today as expected. Gotta love seeing Schwartz dialing up the pressure on third down.  Losing Darby really sucks, that was a gruesome injury man. I guess we'll roll with Jenkins in the slot and Robinson on the outside? Mills growing into a somewhat solid starting corner is going to be imperative this season.

All in all I'll take it. The team better bring their A game against Big Red and the boys next week. Playing KC in Arrowhead could get ugly if the Eagles don't sharpen up.

2 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I thought overall it was a great team win for the Birds today. We finally beat Cousins and the Skins while picking up a crucial win on the road against a divisional opponent. That could be useful given that the NFC East is always a tight race at the end of the year.

I thought Wentz looked good today. He wasn't really helped out by the run game or Dougie P's play calling,  but he made some nice throws on the move and stayed poised in the face of pressure. I agree with a lot of you that were saying that he's erratic - I think we just have to take the good with the bad. Hopefully he can even out his inconsistencies as the season progresses. It'd be nice if he could nail down that deep ball accuracy to Torrey Smith.

I have no idea what the hell Pederson is thinking on some of these calls. Going sideways and running screen plays simply does not work in the NFL. Just freakin pound the rock with Blount when we have a lead late in the game. The man gets stronger as the game goes on. With that being said, the o-line play was pretty disheartening today at some points so they need to get that straightened out. Looks like Lane needs the juice lol.

The front 7 was dominant today as expected. Gotta love seeing Schwartz dialing up the pressure on third down.  Losing Darby really sucks, that was a gruesome injury man. I guess we'll roll with Jenkins in the slot and Robinson on the outside? Mills growing into a somewhat solid starting corner is going to be imperative this season.

All in all I'll take it. The team better bring their A game against Big Red and the boys next week. Playing KC in Arrowhead could get ugly if the Eagles don't sharpen up.

Good post, pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

Nah, the interception was 100% on Wentz. He telegraphed that throw.  There wasn't even pressure, but the D-lineman did make a nice play and read Wentz's eyes and slow windup.  Even if that's complete to Sproles it's a pointless throw, for maybe 2 yards and he had plenty of time.

This

Pretty sure they Bliitzed up the gut on that telegraphed pass play call. 

It was ruled a fumble on the field, allowing the play to continue during a pivotal moment in the game. Referee Brad Allen said he called a fumble because of “lack of control in the hand.” He said he saw an empty hand as Cousins’s arm went forward, and there was not enough evidence to overturn the call following the video review.

“There was nothing conclusive that would overturn the ruling on the field,” Allen said. “All the views we had were inconclusive, so we have to stay with the ruling on the field.”

When asked what made him comfortable enough to call it a fumble in real time, Allen said, “I just have to go with my gut. And my gut said fumble.”

Just now, Phire said:

Did you miss the game?

Nah I was just joking. I watched it at a buddies house. With the guy who owns that food truck. Dude shows up with a bag full of stuff and just starts cooking in someone else's house. Made pizza, chili and fresh pork spring rolls. I supplied the beers. It worked out great.

Archived