Preseason Week 2: Giants vs. Bears

Giants4eva

Game 2. Gonna be very interesting to see what goes on tonight. Eli, I believe, will play a full quarter. After DJ put on a show last week, eye brows have been raised. Well see if he can duplicate his play tonight with what he did against the Jets.

My focus will be on …

1- Overall defensive play. Our 1's were horrible last week. Lot of blown assignments against the Jets pass plays. Also very severe lack of pass rush to even get a disruption on Sam Darnold. I wanna see more out of the defense tonight. At least from the 1's. I give them a mulligan for last week due to the fact we are very new in many areas on this defense. Gonna take time but I wanna see more cohesion.

2- Let the offense roll. Gotta find a guy who can even challenge Gallman for that back up RB position. Wanna see some more plays out of Latimer and Fowler. They looked impressive in their time last week.

3- Gonna be keeping an eye on this oline. They looked good overall last week. Really liked what I saw from them in pass protect.

Thoughts...

Giants are going to be playing against a much better team.  Looking for our passing game to be just as effective as it was last week.

Gotta see more from this offensive line unit against the rush.  They looked better against the pass last week but that run game was horrible.

Defense is so young but they gotta do a better job than they did last week.  I'd also like to see what first round pick looks like at nose tackle.  Still don't understand why he's playing DE.

14 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Not liking what im seeing from this starting defence. Very little push or even disruption in the bears. We just are lacking pass rush. Eli looked decent in the opening drive so far

Very concerning considering the Bears don't even have 1 single starter out there.. and you still can't get off the field :$

1 minute ago, Shockey1979 said:

They really did draft Eli 2.0.... fumbled snap exchange, then a strip sack fumble xD

Hopefully he also goes on to win 2 SB MVPS as well

Its all good. Let him take the lumps now rather than in the regular season. Simonson also didnt help him dropping that one ball

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

Not liking what im seeing from this starting defence. Very little push or even disruption in the bears. We just are lacking pass rush. Eli looked decent in the opening drive so far

I saw a lot of pressure by the defense on the first few drives. Golden was feasting. Lawrence had a ton of push on the interior. 

Very pleased by DJ's first half. Kid showed me alot. One thing i noticed guys... We got a legit oline. I am very impressed with the additions of Remmers and Zeitler. Halapio has done well also. The 2nd team defence i feel is playing out of this world. Xman with a sack and he plays violent ( love it). Corey Ballentine, Ryan Connelly and Julian Love all contributing as well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Lorenzo Carter drew at least one holding call. Showed off his athleticism and bend around the corner. They played second teamers but they played well I thought.

Bend is the one thing Carter hasn't shown yet, but he did tonight. People are counting on him to be the pass rush savior, but I dont think he will be. I think he can do everything- cover, set the edge, rush the passer. He'll be used in a very versatile role. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I hope Jones can save Shurmur's job. I'd like to see his ideal offense take the field.

That would be fun to watch.

Ditto. Jones so far is looking like the most pro ready QB in this draft class. Hopefully they get him time in the regular season instead of stashing him on bench.

• Like 2

Nice game tonight. 

My stand outs

- Eli and Daniel. Old man Eli still showing some good capability. Daniel was great. 2 fumbles he had are something that can be corrected. What i loved about him tonight was how he showed he can bounce back and have a short memory when he makes mistakes

- Starting oline. Solid solid outing again and showing good cohesion.

- Bennie and Cody showed some good plays. 

- Starting defence is still a work in progress. Overall a good night