Case Keenum announced as Week 1 starter

Just now, Skins212689 said:

I just want the best OL unit to start. Any of the QBs consistently getting pounded wouldn't be a good thing.

While true, having Keenum take the brunt of that pounding wouldn't hurt Washington in the long term.

Just now, Woz said:

Indeed. It's essentially the same argument MK was making with regards to Christian and Martin, just from a different angle. I want to protect Haskins at all costs. I want him to be the QB here for a decade plus, and I view the situation that having him play in right now is severely detrimental to that long term goal.

I just want to be on record saying I don't want any of the QBs consistently pounded that's why I say start whoever won the job. I don't care if its Penn and Flowers for this year. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I just want the best OL unit to start. Any of the QBs consistently getting pounded wouldn't be a good thing.

You seem to be a lot more concerned about this season than I am.  I want to plan for the future.  This season is already a lost cause IMO.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

You seem to be a lot more concerned about this season than I am.  I want to plan for the future.  This season is already a lost cause IMO.  

I concur with this.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

While you write junk about them. Yea were coming from two different places. The season hasn't even begun in Reality!

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

I just want to be on record saying I don't want any of the QBs consistently pounded that's why I say start whoever won the job. I don't care if its Penn and Flowers for this year. 

In an ideal world, none of the QBs would be pounded.

However, given that we're left hoping that either a 36 year old LT can regain his form from two years ago or a 2nd year draft pick can suddenly make a significant jump and we're either seeing a waste-of-talent-tackle can move inside effectively or a 4th round rookie can step right into the big leagues right off the bat, I don't really see a pathway forward where the QB isn't getting pounded.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

While you write junk about them. Yea were coming from two different places. The season hasn't even begun in Reality!

While it hasn't begun, the early play from the left side of the line in the preseason (didn't really matter whom was there) has left a lot to be desired.

If it were Trent + Flowers/Martin, I'd be okay.
If it were Penn/Christian + quality LG, I'd be okay.

Penn/Christian + Flowers/Martin? That's definitely suboptimal. By a long shot.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

In an ideal world, none of the QBs would be pounded.

However, given that we're left hoping that either a 36 year old LT can regain his form from two years ago or a 2nd year draft pick can suddenly make a significant jump and we're either seeing a waste-of-talent-tackle can move inside effectively or a 4th round rookie can step right into the big leagues right off the bat, I don't really see a pathway forward where the QB isn't getting pounded.

Hand the ball off a little more and give the starting unit time to gel. I'm not with all the negativity without the season even started yet. 

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

While it hasn't begun, the early play from the left side of the line in the preseason (didn't really matter whom was there) has left a lot to be desired.

If it were Trent + Flowers/Martin, I'd be okay.
If it were Penn/Christian + quality LG, I'd be okay.

Penn/Christian + Flowers/Martin? That's definitely suboptimal. By a long shot.

It might didn't look spectacular, but it didn't look unable to protect the QB and open up lanes for the RB to a degree. I'd give them about a 6 with potential to be a 8 out of 10 with more gelling time and them playing meaningful games. 

Archived