Case Keenum announced as Week 1 starter

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes

I wouldn't agree with that. Dude showed up on the field and held people responsible. Players, Coaches, Himself and got cut for it because Grown *** Men couldn't accept the truth. Throw the Titles out he said nothing that wasn't true and I respect that more than being fake and kissing butts. I understand Most don't see things that way when it comes to work though. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I wouldn't agree with that. Dude showed up on the field and held people responsible. Players, Coaches, Himself and got cut for it because Grown *** Men couldn't accept the truth. Throw the Titles out he said nothing that wasn't true and I respect that more than being fake and kissing butts. I understand Most don't see things that way when it comes to work though. 

Good post.  Also, DJ wanted to win.  Can't forget that.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

DJ might have been a leader in the locker room and he was a competitor.  But I won't attribute repeatedly telling the public what his teammates, coaches, etc  are doing wrong, as good leadership.  Good leaders would tell them himself.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Funny how things go.  Also doesn't help that Manusky is terrible as a defensive coordinator.  If this was the beginning of Snyder's ownership tenure, he's have melted vanilla ice cream showing up at his office after every game. 

At least he'd deserve the ice cream.

I'm tired of screaming at the TV "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLAY YOUR CORNERS CLOSE ON 3RD AND SHORT!!!"

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

At least he'd deserve the ice cream.

I'm tired of screaming at the TV "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLAY YOUR CORNERS CLOSE ON 3RD AND SHORT!!!"

Why? They always threw to the back that Foster was 2 steps too late to cover in the flat ..

• Like 1

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Why? They always threw to the back that Foster was 2 steps too late to cover in the flat ..

Nah, just the simple slant route that should have been stopped for a yard or two would get 8.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, offbyone said:

DJ might have been a leader in the locker room and he was a competitor.  But I won't attribute repeatedly telling the public what his teammates, coaches, etc  are doing wrong, as good leadership.  Good leaders would tell them himself.

I doubt he wasn't telling coaches to "play Man to Man against a rookie QB" on the sidelines like he said in the press conference. 

Edited by Skins212689

The more I watch Haskins, the more I want to see. So I can understand why some want him to start and could see putting him in later in the season. Key factor though would have to be the OLine. If the OLine can keep Keenum well protected and he is missing throws or can't move the ball, Haskins I think should be put in. The ball moves with Haskins and he hasn't turned the ball over since his 1st preseason game. 

I think Haskins has taken not being named the starter as a challenge. Jones gets drafted before him and he doesn't win the starting job. These things are just fuel for Haskins. Haskins will work his butt of via film studying, talking with Coaches, Alex, ect and be ready when his number is called. He will make his mistakes but I see a guy poised to make this team better. I say "Team" meaning not just himself but the players around him. I liked what I saw out of him in preseason. He has all the tools to be a legit Starting QB in the league, just needs to fix somethings along the way. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The more I watch Haskins, the more I want to see. So I can understand why some want him to start and could see putting him in later in the season. Key factor though would have to be the OLine. If the OLine can keep Keenum well protected and he is missing throws or can't move the ball, Haskins I think should be put in. The ball moves with Haskins and he hasn't turned the ball over since his 1st preseason game. 

I think Haskins has taken not being named the starter as a challenge. Jones gets drafted before him and he doesn't win the starting job. These things are just fuel for Haskins. Haskins will work his butt of via film studying, talking with Coaches, Alex, ect and be ready when his number is called. He will make his mistakes but I see a guy poised to make this team better. I say "Team" meaning not just himself but the players around him. I liked what I saw out of him in preseason. He has all the tools to be a legit Starting QB in the league, just needs to fix somethings along the way. 

Word on the street is that they are just finishing up building a special "development quarters" for haskins.  These are the highlights I am hearing from my sources:

• Haskins will live here for the remainder of season
  • The walls and floors are fully padded to reduce injury
  • Special hepa filter system to keep germs out and no one, but haskins is allowed in or out.
  • For companionship they are supplying haskins with 2 declawed koala bears
  • Coaches will meet with him through video 
  • Full gym room that also has video interactivity for training staff.  

Hopefully he will be a different man at the end of the season when he comes out.  Clearly this strategy of not playing him and putting him through this safe development plan will advance his skills.  

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Word on the street is that they are just finishing up building a special "development quarters" for haskins.  These are the highlights I am hearing from my sources:

• Special hepa filter system to keep germs out and no one, but haskins is allowed in or out.

Hopefully he will be a different man at the end of the season when he comes out.  Clearly this strategy of not playing him and putting him through this safe development plan will advance his skills.  

That way of thinking is why Andrew Luck retired after playing only 7 seasons. I Agree to Disagree with your view of how the situation should be handled. 

21 minutes ago, offbyone said:

giphy.gif

On 8/29/2019 at 12:33 AM, Skins212689 said:

Actually, he blamed everyone else and took no responsibility for his poor play, especially down the stretch last year. I'm fine with saying everyone needs to be better, but start with yourself! You see that mirror in the locker-room, DJ never looked at the guy staring back at him and said, I need to be better too.