Case Keenum announced as Week 1 starter

3000 yards for a QB is below average. Keenum has never throw even 25 TDs in a season.

What makes anyone think he’ll do it with a less talented WR core then he had in Minny or Denver?

And, his best weapon - Jordan Reed - is already dealing with an injury that should be a career-ending injury but he'll probably come back and play. I just hope Reed can walk away from football someday and have a life, I'm seriously worried about his quality if life in 20 to 30 years. 

Come on man!

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

22 teams averaged more than 21 points last year.  On defense, 24 teams in the NFL allowed more than 21 points scored (the Redskins allowed 22.4).  I would say its more likely the Redskins have to average 24 points per game to get to 8 wins.  

That was inflated after Alex got hurt for the last 6 games of the season. Before that the defense of gave up 19.8 ppg.

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Or it just went back to the norm.

Huh? No. For 10 games our defense held opponents to under 19.8 ppg.

Then, Alex got hurt and our offense didn’t sustain drives as well and turned the ball over more and for the last 6 games our defense gave up 26.8 ppg. 

That’s a 7 point swing in how many ppg our defense gave up a game after Alex Smith broke his leg.

Those are very, very telling numbers and a main reason why we didn’t make the playoffs. We may not have made the playoffs if Alex had stayed healthy, but we would have definitely had a better chance with him or even Colt healthy all year.  

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Huh? No. For 10 games our defense held opponents to under 19.8 ppg.

Then, Alex got hurt and our offense didn’t sustain drives as well and turned the ball over more and for the last 6 games our defense gave up 26.8 ppg. 

That’s a 7 point swing in how many ppg our defense gave up a game after Alex Smith broke his leg.

Those are very, very telling numbers and a main reason why we didn’t make the playoffs. We may not have made the playoffs if Alex had stayed healthy, but we would have definitely had a better chance with him or even Colt healthy all year.  

Sure. But I think the D just began to ALSO show the "they are who we thought they were" too. I wouldn't expect that D to have held those numbers with or without Alex.

33 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Sure. But I think the D just began to ALSO show the "they are who we thought they were" too. I wouldn't expect that D to have held those numbers with or without Alex.

I do bc again, we were controlling the clock more and had less turnovers and less short fields for the opposing offenses. Those things keep your defense more fresh and make it harder for the opposing team to score.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I do bc again, we were controlling the clock more and had less turnovers and less short fields for the opposing offenses. Those things keep your defense more fresh and make it harder for the opposing team to score.

Somewhere along the line last year the defense went off the rails. Swearinger got released during the season. Ha ha was brought in a couple weeks before that. Tweets from the LB corps. Something happened in that locker room we don’t know about and it killed the chemistry of that team. I’m sure watching Colt and Sanchez and Josh Johnson do nothing with the ball for 7 weeks didn’t help. 

3 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Somewhere along the line last year the defense went off the rails. Swearinger got released during the season. Ha ha was brought in a couple weeks before that. Tweets from the LB corps. Something happened in that locker room we don’t know about and it killed the chemistry of that team. I’m sure watching Colt and Sanchez and Josh Johnson do nothing with the ball for 7 weeks didn’t help. 

Well yeah, the fake leader was a big problem. Also, it wasn’t a tweet that happened with Mason Foster. It was a DM that a fan took pictures of and then posted on twitter or Instagram like a lil snitch.

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Funny how things go.  Also doesn't help that Manusky is terrible as a defensive coordinator.  If this was the beginning of Snyder's ownership tenure, he's have melted vanilla ice cream showing up at his office after every game.