Case Keenum announced as Week 1 starter

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Hand the ball off a little more and give the starting unit time to gel. I'm not with all the negativity without the season even started yet. 

They've tried that in the preseason.

Jay has one running play: RB dive. Teams know this. They expect it on first down. It's why they always end up in 2nd & long scenarios.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

So they haven't made the playoffs in 20 years? 

The goal is to win a Super Bowl.  You cherry picked the first 9 games of the last season but left out the fact that they collapsed and didn't make the playoffs.  I was merely pointing that out. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It might didn't look spectacular, but it didn't look unable to protect the QB and open up lanes for the RB to a degree. I'd give them about a 6 with potential to be a 8 out of 10 with more gelling time and them playing meaningful games. 

Except instead of going against 2nd team/3rd team/soon-to-be-out-of-the-leaguers, they'll be going up against the best the NFL has to offer.

I just don't think that giving them more reps against better quality opponents is going to lift their ability to competent (the bare minimum I would consider putting Haskins behind right now).

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

They sucked while at 6-3 last season? 

That 6-3 run was predicated on an impressive defense, a run game that could grind the clock, and an offense that moved the chains somewhat but didn't turn the ball over.

Is it possible they could get back to that this year? Sure, it's possible. However, two parts of that equation require a competent offensive line and thus back to my previous point.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

The goal is to win a Super Bowl.  You cherry picked the first 9 games of the last season but left out the fact that they collapsed and didn't make the playoffs.  I was merely pointing that out. 

Don't take my stuff, I know the Goal is to win the Super Bowl I mention that a lot here. You cherry pick about the preseason without even seeing a game from the Real season. 

Guess you didn't see Guice or Peterson play huh? 

Their play was due to their individual talent, not the offensive line or play calling.

Take the jump cut that everyone drooled over with Peterson that went for 26 yards. It was a RB dive up the middle that he turned into a 26 yard gain with a move that a 34 year old running back shouldn't be able to do.

There's a reason I said that the running game was going to evaporate when they put Perine in. Perine is a decent RB, but he's not an all-star. He can grind you yards, but if you run the exact same play every time, he's going to be stymied. How did he do against Cincinnati? 5 carries for 1 yard.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

That 6-3 run was predicated on an impressive defense, a run game that could grind the clock, and an offense that moved the chains somewhat but didn't turn the ball over.

Is it possible they could get back to that this year? Sure, it's possible. However, two parts of that equation require a competent offensive line and thus back to my previous point.

Like I said did you not see Guice and Peterson during preseason and already forgotten what Peterson did last year? 

Like I said did you not see Guice and Peterson during preseason and already forgotten what Peterson did last year? 

Look up. I responded to that.

Archived