Week 1 GDT: The Season is HERE! BUF @ NYJ

Trentwannabe

12 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Give the entire defense a game ball

Singletary... Sparked the offense. Without him I think we score only 3 points. When we started to get him and John Brown the ball is when the game turned around.

Defense was great but Neal made some mistakes and we still had missed tackles.

Biggest offensive takeaway for me was this: I have seriously underestimated John Brown. Frankly, at the time of the signing, I was "Meh." All I could think of was, OK, we have a guy with a set of wheels and mediocre hands. He balled today and I look forward to what he can do this season.

Just now, Yibbyl said:

Biggest offensive takeaway for me was this: I have seriously underestimated John Brown. Frankly, at the time of the signing, I was "Meh." All I could think of was, OK, we have a guy with a set of wheels and mediocre hands. He balled today and I look forward to what he can do this season.

Haven't had a wideout game like that since Watkins.

Just now, Yibbyl said:

Just now, Tk3 said:

Also, I was surprised by the production of John Brown.. I thought based on preseason that Cole Beasley was going to be his guy - and it seemed that way early on.. But it was clear that Brown was the best receiver out there

get out of my head

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Also, I was surprised by the production of John Brown.. I thought based on preseason that Cole Beasley was going to be his guy - and it seemed that way early on.. But it was clear that Brown was the best receiver out there

Like minds...

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Honestly, Josh Allen had a bad first half, but it wasn't nearly AS bad as the stats or the announcers would have you think.

Yes the pick 6 was "his fault" but I would also call it bad luck.. Same with the other INT in my opinion

He didn't play particularly well, but it was also a case of all of the worst case scenarios happening

The two that happened weren't bad but the two the Jets dropped or got called back for by penalty were horrible.

I think we'll always have to live with those plays from him. 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Let's see if he can sustain it... He had a big game against us for his first game with the Ravens

Remember how Jets fans were saying we had NO weapons? However you want to answer that, John Brown and Devin Singletary looked like legit weapons for us. Knox and moreso Sweeney made some nice plays for rookies in the first game.

Beasley looked good in the first half, invisible in the second half. Vice versa for Zay Jones. Hopefully we can get Foster involved more. 

Defense was dominant. Not one bad thing to say about them.

1 minute ago, NickChowaniec said:

Remember how Jets fans were saying we had NO weapons? However you want to answer that, John Brown and Devin Singletary looked like legit weapons for us. Knox and moreso Sweeney made some nice plays for rookies in the first game.

Beasley looked good in the first half, invisible in the second half. Vice versa for Zay Jones. Hopefully we can get Foster involved more. 

Defense was dominant. Not one bad thing to say about them.

Bills weapons will be underrated all year because of Josh Allen IMO. 

Not the worse thing.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

He'll be fine. Was on the verge of another 1000 yard season until Lamar entered

speaking of...

Did that man become the scariest QB since Vick - or was that game simply an indictment on JUST how awful the Dolphins are?

I know we have been thinking of those games as 2 wins all along, but that game certainly cements it

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Also talk about a character win.

How many teams could have pulled that off? Down 16-0 in a hostile environment with a QB playing as bad as he was.

That's the thing I don't think he was playing that bad. Just something would go wrong when we moved the ball.

First fumble we moved the ball and then Dawkins got beat and DE striped us.

First INT should have been caught by Beasley

Second fumble  we moved ball again and it was 4th down anyway so it wasn't a big turnover. It was same result as a incomplete pass

Second INT was tipped at LOS.

Obviously the stats look bad but watching him he looked like he was confident and in command. We just have to finish our drives