Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 3/28/2024 at 11:32 PM, twslhs20 said:

My PS5 all of a sudden won't connect through my HDMI. I swapped out a new cable and nothing. Am I screwed?

Compressed air on the PS5 port to make sure it ain't dust, try 3 HDMI cables and multiple hdmi slots on your TV, if it's not either of those it's the PS5 HDMI. Local repair shop can swap the HDMI port or chips for pretty cheap (parts are like $10 max) if it's under warranty with sony definitely hit them up ( 1 year within original purchase or retailer if you bought a warranty with them) If it's sony it'll be cheaper but shipped, it if it's local repair shop (geek squad too) you'll be paying for labor. (1-2 hours work at like $30 an hour) so shouldn't be more than like $100 total.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xmad said:

Compressed air on the PS5 port to make sure it ain't dust, try 3 HDMI cables and multiple hdmi slots on your TV, if it's not either of those it's the PS5 HDMI. Local repair shop can swap the HDMI port or chips for pretty cheap (parts are like $10 max) if it's under warranty with sony definitely hit them up ( 1 year within original purchase or retailer if you bought a warranty with them) If it's sony it'll be cheaper but shipped, it if it's local repair shop (geek squad too) you'll be paying for labor. (1-2 hours work at like $30 an hour) so shouldn't be more than like $100 total.

Thanks,

I meant to update that it came bacon an connected. It was weird and I was freaking out, but glad it resolved itself.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

The Quarry is really fun, although i killed some players on purpose for fun

Loved this, about time to replay it because I've forgotten what happens.  

Not quite as good or as scary as Until Dawn though

• Like 1