So It Begins... Steelers Visit the Patriots

steelcurtain29

Just now, wwhickok said:

Steelers football has just stopped being fun to watch this is absolutely pathetic. Every single staff member on this team coach and front office needs to be fired at the end of the season Ben needs to retire and we need to start over

I am good with hat, but have thought this for a while for various reasons. I was going to quit watching after last season, but they appeared on paper to repair the D, so I am giving it another season.  This team should run the ball with this OL and connor -  BUT IT AIN'T HAPPENING AS LONG AS BEN IS HERE - MARK IT DOWN. 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

gotta remember that this pat team is really good tho ..might be their most complete team since 04 on paper

it's not that we're losing, it's HOW we're losing.

I didn't necessarily expect a W,  but this is pitiful.  As usual, the team never learns from its mistakes, leverages its relative strenghts, or masks its weakenesses

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

colbert and tomlin have neglected the secondary for years, but they kept ben happy with all the weapons and high priced vets. 

It's the WR position. They are more than happy to churn and burn. And not pay. So, they just use 3rds and 2nds and that hurts the ability to build the team. Over the long term  

Because they are good at drafting them. So it's like go pound sand, I'm not paying you. It's like a Melvin Gordon - we got Ekeler and Justin Jackson. Beat it, pal.

And they haven't neglected DB. They draft one every year. For 20 years. They just don't know what to look for. So it's a waste of a pick. 

Use this pick to trade for a DB. A vet. A young reject. Instead of, Cam sutton. Cortez Allen, Anthony Smith, LaVar Glover.... Artie Burns. Sean Davis. It's not even a high pick argument. It's a don't pick argument. 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

gotta remember that this pat team is really good tho ..might be their most complete team since 04 on paper

still no reason that the D front can't get better pressure and then the play calling from the steelers tonight is just lousy.   steelers secondary gave them 12 points IMO, bad play by them more than great play by pats.

Archived