Broncos Sign RB Jonathan Williams to PS - at near-roster salary

Broncofan

Originally posted this in 53-man roster, but given how much $ he just got, seems like it's worth its own thread.

At 510K, that's only 30K less than a spot on the 53-man roster.  Seems to me given our RB situation, you have to wonder if someone in our 53-man roster is hurt, because that's a salary that screams call-up to the active roster soon.

The #Broncos are signing former #Bills RB Jonathan Williams to their practice squad, source said. He gets a whopping $510,000 salary.

7 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

Still trying to figure out why they matched Miami's offer lol.  I like CJ and all, but not for that money.  Could Booker have suffered a setback?

Apparently still on schedule.  Cleared to practice likely later this week.  So if anyone is hurting you have to think it's CJ or JC.  

From a contract perspective matching CJ was Elway's biggest mistake.   Should have been a 2M 2nd round tender and walk instead of the 9M/2 yrs we paid but what's done is done.  At least it's only a 2-year mistake value-wise.  

Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala)
Per source, X-ray on Devontae Booker's wrist Saturday looked good. Could return to practice later this week or early next.

I don't have an issue with the move.  You just never know at RB.  It'd be interesting to know an exact stat, but it seems to be the most injury prone position in the NFL.

Williams is a talented back and all 3 (Anderson, Charles, and Booker) have legitimate injury concerns. 

Archived