• Tie...

9 hours ago, theJ said:

Inactives probably are:

• Dolegala
  • Green
  • Perine
  • Glenn?
  • Cooper or Erickson

Then who?  All the LB's will be up.  They like Cethan Carter for ST's, and i can't see them inactivating Drew Sample.  Maybe BW Webb or Tony McCrae or Brandon Wilson, but that leaves them really thin at DB.  I guess it has to be a DL or two.

I'd say

Green and Tate (he hasn;t worked in a couple of weeks.  If Tate plays, then the last WR sits as well.

Dolegada

Glenn

One to two DL  (1 end and 1 tackle...maybe Willis and either Brown or Tupou)

Probably Williams at RB.  he's still dinged.  If he was OK, I'd say perine

18 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’m not even upset. They looked pretty darn good

Me neither. Besides the NE game in December, this was probably the hardest game on their schedule. I could also see an argument for Pittsburgh on the road. 

In any case, I'm reasonably optimistic they'll be 2-1 headed into the Pitt game and at or above 500 going into the bye. Much better than most people expect. 

• Like 1

You guys looked a lot better than I expected. I enjoyed watching the game. It's clear that Zac was more Sean's protege than LaFleur. Your scheme and play-calling looked extremely similar to ours. You guys also looked a lot more disciplined on offense. It'll be interesting to see how A.J. does when he returns. I'll be rooting for y'all this year. I was worried when Zac announced his staff, but I was pleasantly surprised today. Playing Seattle in Seattle Week 1 is a rough break, but y'all handled it well. Should be an interesting season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You guys looked a lot better than I expected. I enjoyed watching the game. It's clear that Zac was more Sean's protege than LaFleur. Your scheme and play-calling looked extremely similar to ours. You guys also looked a lot more disciplined on offense. It'll be interesting to see how A.J. does when he returns. I'll be rooting for y'all this year. I was worried when Zac announced his staff, but I was pleasantly surprised today. Playing Seattle in Seattle Week 1 is a rough break, but y'all handled it well. Should be an interesting season.

Thanks. We've all been cautiously optimistic all off-season. Week 1 was a pretty decent showing given the obstacle in front of them. I feel (and have felt) pretty sure this won't be a team discussed as one of the leagues worst as the season goes on. Maybe not a playoff contender, but competitive at least. 

Nice to finally have the season underway. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

Also, it doesn't really matter, but how in the hell was that last play confirmed a fumble?  

That's what left a bad taste in my mouth.  Jefferson never even touched the ball, and Andy's arm was moving forward.  We have like a .005% percent chance of scoring, but hey, make it exciting.  That call should provoke public apologies.

Just now, INbengalfan said:

That's what left a bad taste in my mouth.  Jefferson never even touched the ball, and Andy's arm was moving forward.  We have like a .005% percent chance of scoring, but hey, make it exciting.  That call should provoke public apologies.

If the Bengals had the ball at midfield or better, there would have been some outrage.  Because of the bad field position, it will largely be ignored.

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

If the Bengals had the ball at midfield or better, there would have been some outrage.  Because of the bad field position, it will largely be ignored.

If Dolegada had been active, that one pass might have sparked a raging fire with fans if he heaved it to the end zone to win the game

• Like 1