2020 nfl mock drafts thread

LinderFournette

31 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don't get where this definition of franchise altering players came.

So would you say the Falcons trading up for Julio was dumb and they shouldn't have done so? Because truthfully, the only position altering your W/L much is the QB. We somehow landed Josh Allen last year and although I'm thrilled, he hasn't changed our fortunes.

Yeah I do believe it was crazy for the Falcons to give up what they’ve given up to get Julio I thought it was suspect then and today I still wouldn’t do it hasn’t helped there causes it gave them a player to identify with but what has it brought them exactly he’s been in the league like 8 or 9 years and he’s probably been to the playoffs 3 of those 9. Nobody alters a franchise like a QB.. is to why I say you shouldn’t trade up into the top 10 unless it’s a QB it’s just my strategy.. whether right or wrong.. who knows. But it’s not logical with all the holes this team is burden with to take a known commodity like Yann.. trade him away to move up 5 spots and get a second rounder or pick 99 which has been suggested for Okudah.. I can’t see it.. and if I saw it I’d be heated. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

Yeah I do believe it was crazy for the Falcons to give up what they’ve given up to get Julio I thought it was suspect then and today I still wouldn’t do it hasn’t helped there causes it gave them a player to identify with but what has it brought them exactly he’s been in the league like 8 or 9 years and he’s probably been to the playoffs 3 of those 9. Nobody alters a franchise like a QB.. is to why I say you shouldn’t trade up into the top 10 unless it’s a QB it’s just my strategy.. whether right or wrong.. who knows. But it’s not logical with all the holes this team is burden with to take a known commodity like Yann.. trade him away to move up 5 spots and get a second rounder for Okudah.. I can’t see it.. and if I saw it I’d be heated. 

If you believe strongly that a guy is going to be elite and he plays a valuable position (corner I'd definitely say is), than I'm for going and getting your guy. 

I disagree wholeheartedly on the Julio part. Thought it was a tad rich but I respect it. 

9 Derrick Brown, IDL starting dt

20 Josh Jones, OT starting lt

42 Trevon Diggs, CB starting cb

73 Davon Hamilton, IDL quality nt competition

116 Alton Robinson, EDGE Ngakoue replacement

137 Devin Duvernay, WR slot wr

140 Kenny Robinson, S fs competion. 

165 Dalton Keene, TE pass-catching te

170 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR big bodied red zone target

189 Tanner Muse, S safety/lb hybrid

206 Reggie Robinson II, CB cb depth

223 Alex Taylor, OT swing tackle

16 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I don't like the idea of a QB because this crew isn't here next year if we don't win. Forcing a QB on a new GM/HC is setting us up for disaster.

Plus Minshew has only had one year, and in that one year he showed promise. If you take a QB at 9 your basically saying it's whoever you take at 9's team for the next 4-5 years. Minshew has no shot if you take a QB at 9 whether you want to admit it or not.

Idk i get what you’re saying with a GM wanting to draft their guy but a year ago any GM needing a young QB would’ve gladly spent a top pick on Tua. I think finding a GM to tie their name to him wont be difficult 

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk i get what you’re saying with a GM wanting to draft their guy but a year ago any GM needing a young QB would’ve gladly spent a top pick on Tua. I think finding a GM to tie their name to him wont be difficult 

Still pigeon holes your candidate pool. There's been reports dating back to seasons end some GMs prefer Herbert right now. Add on all the injury questions (which likely has to do with Herbert over him) and it's not great.

52 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

A lot can change in a year.

Guy could grow elderly and dislocate a hip or something even.  Who knows???

Only way we trade up into the top 5 is if it's a part of a Yan trade.

If we only had to move up to 5-7 for Okudah, price may not be too bad. But any higher and it'd be too rich (unless again, it's part of a Yan package).

52 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Only way we trade up into the top 5 is if it's a part of a Yan trade.

If we only had to move up to 5-7 for Okudah, price may not be too bad. But any higher and it'd be too rich (unless again, it's part of a Yan package).

Why would you actually trade up to draft a guy who is like a poor man's Jalen though?  How well did that go for us?

I'd be irate.

22 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Why would you actually trade up to draft a guy who is like a poor man's Jalen though?  How well did that go for us?

I'd be irate.

I don't know that he is a poor man's Jalen. I think he'll end up being a top 3-5 corner in the league in the near future and had a chance to be even better.

It went incredibly for us until Jalen sought the big stage/put his hands on our coach and our FO got him to quit on the team/our team was in turmoil. The guy literally had the looks of being an all time Jag when it was all said and done. 

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don't know that he is a poor man's Jalen. I think he'll end up being a top 3-5 corner in the league in the near future.

It went incredibly for us until Jalen sought the big stage/put his hands on our coach and our FO got him to quit on the team/our team was in turmoil. The guy literally had the looks of being an all time Jag when it was all said and done. 

Jalen was such an absolute freak athlete though.  Better than Okudah in pretty much every way that mattered at least.

And even then...before he went full Villain...did he really change the fortunes of this team?

Or was it Yan, Dante, Dareau, and the Mayor of Sacksonville?

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Jalen was such an absolute freak athlete though.  Better than Okudah in pretty much every way that mattered at least.

And even then...before he went full Villain...did he really change the fortunes of this team?

Or was it Yan, Dante, Dareau, and the Mayor of Sacksonville?

Jalen in 2017 was a legit top 3 corner and absolutely helped change the fortunes of this team.

If you have poor QB play then ultimately that's not going to show. But he was most definitely a massive hit until it fell apart (not due to play).

Just because Jalen is a freak of an athlete doesn't mean he'll be the better corner long term. Obviously Okudah is still a prospect and we don't know how he'll transition, but I do think he's at that level with an opportunity to be better with continued development... especially in the takeaway department that Jalen has largely struggled with considering his prowess and without the attitude situation (that I know of).