2020 nfl mock drafts thread

LinderFournette

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Jalen in 2017 was a legit top 3 corner and absolutely helped change the fortunes of this team.

If you have poor QB play then ultimately that's not going to show. But he was most definitely a massive hit until it fell apart (not due to play).

Just because Jalen is a freak of an athlete doesn't mean he'll be the better corner long term. Obviously Okudah is still a prospect and we don't know how he'll transition, but I do think he's at that level with an opportunity to be better with continued development... especially in the takeaway department that Jalen has largely struggled with considering his prowess and without the attitude situation (that I know of).

Idk...i still kinda believe that Jalen is the best scheme diverse CB in the league right now.

I also don't think it's that critical.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Idk...i still kinda believe that Jalen is the best scheme diverse CB in the league right now.

I also don't think it's that critical.

CB is up there right after QB and edge rusher as far as value imo.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

CB is up there right after QB and edge rusher as far as value imo.

I just don't see it.  If you can't apply pressure up front...the best CB in the league isn't going to save you.  Scheme is so important.  And guys who fit it.  But the most important thing is just...don't give them time.  If you give them time...destroy them and take the ball away.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I just don't see it.  If you can't apply pressure up front...the best CB in the league isn't going to save you.  Scheme is so important.  And guys who fit it.  But the most important thing is just...don't give them time.  If you give them time...destroy them and take the ball away.

That's why I said I view edge as more important. But that doesn't mean it's not right up there after that imo.

You can do that about pretty much any position. Most every position relies on others to do their job outside of QB. You have to be a cohesive unit, and in a pass heavy era having people who can cover is vital.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That's why I said I view edge as more important. But that doesn't mean it's not right up there after that imo.

You can do that about pretty much any position. Most every position relies on others to do their job outside of QB. You have to be a cohesive unit, and in a pass heavy era having people who can cover is vital.

True, in that everything has to work together to be great...

But there's still a basic heirarchy, and it's not even necessarily position specific.

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

True, in that everything has to work together to be great...

But there's still a basic heirarchy, and it's not even necessarily position specific.

I just think that after the QB and edge, the two positions I think make everything better around them more than anything else, the next most important position would be a shutdown elite corner. That's just my opinion, and it can vary as you say, but ultimately if I had to choose that would be it.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I just think that after the QB and edge, the two positions I think make everything better around them more than anything else, the next most important position would be a shutdown elite corner. That's just my opinion, and it can vary as you say, but ultimately if I had to choose that would be it.

When did corner start to become more valuable than a tackle? 

28 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

When did corner start to become more valuable than a tackle? 

With the pass heavy league it is now. Corners and edge rushers are vital. 

LT is right there too. There's an argument for sure.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Still pigeon holes your candidate pool. There's been reports dating back to seasons end some GMs prefer Herbert right now. Add on all the injury questions (which likely has to do with Herbert over him) and it's not great.

So if Tua is BPA on their board or the only guy in their highest tier you think they pass on him?

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So if Tua is BPA on their board or the only guy in their highest tier you think they pass on him?

That's tough to say as I think Khan has a say when it comes to something like that and again, I think he's aware of the issue of taking a QB this year and then the possibility of this regime getting fired.

But I don't think that'll be a problem from the sounds of it. It doesn't sound like any of the QBs besides Burrow is super high on their board.

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think LT got devalued some while RT got a boost. Premiere pass rushers are coming from every everywhere not just he right 

Not just the left I assume you mean.

But yeah, exactly. Guys like Von Miller, Cam Jordan, Watt prior to his health issues, etc. all match up on the right now.