Madden Fantasy League: Ending

biggio7

Made a few trades. Not even sure what they were anymore. 

Cam Newton went to the Front Office and told me I suck weiner.....So his days as a Ram might be numbered. 

So kind of felt like I had to be aggressive at getting a quality backup. Our target was Teddy Bridgewater but we weren’t able to work out a deal. Settled on Daniel Jones for a future 3rd round selection. He probably sucks. 

5 hours ago, Neumatic said:

The big trade that everyone will probably want to kick me in the nuts for took me forever to get done. I traded for Derwin James. 

So you edited an OLB to MLB to make that deal happen? - NVM, looks like musical chairs over in Steeler Nation with the position changes.

I will say that I wish teams did a better job fantasy drafting for their defensive system. I think the Falcons had 3-4 DEs as their 4-3 ends, and 3-4 OLB as their 4-3 OLB (might explain their poor record).

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 1

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

So you edited an OLB to MLB to make that deal happen? 

Actually he was originally a MLB switched him to OLB to try and get a different player and then switched him back to MLB after I failed miserably trying to trade for the other guy. Was trying to get James without giving up #1 or #4 and just straight up blanked on offering Pratt since MLB was a need for them.

Signed a bunch of depth on the offensive side QB, WR, TE and Oline. Tyree Jackson would have been a fun one to develop if he was starting from day 1. 

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

But I'm not sold on any of the QBs in the draft 100%, and I worry that they might be Normal Dev, and that their stats would set me back even further / be worse than Murray.

With great risk comes great reward. Or a complete and utter dumpster fire. Does that Goddard guy seem the least bit intriguing? I imagine he’s probably complete trash. Iv only ever seen 1 Superstar QB Later than the early second. 

49ers had a 72 and 70 CB as the only ones on their roster.

Sent them CB Justin Colman 79, M Canady 74, and 4th for their 1.26, 2.48, and 7th (might have gotten a higher pick, oh well). Gives them two better immediate starters in their mid-late 20s that are better than what they'd probably get with their late picks.

Meanwhile, Samuel Keith has developed some, and I wanted to let him start next season, likely focus trained.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

With great risk comes great reward. Or a complete and utter dumpster fire. Does that Goddard guy seem the least bit intriguing? I imagine he’s probably complete trash. Iv only ever seen 1 Superstar QB Later than the early second. 

Goddard does have a late first designation, so that is interesting. Young enough to force development on him as well. But none of them are grading out as early first. I could gamble on one of them and wait to trade Murray until I have confirmation they could be at least Star, but not sure I want to waste a pick on that.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Goddard does have a late first designation, so that is interesting. Young enough to force development on him as well. But none of them are grading out as early first. I could gamble on one of them and wait to trade Murray until I have confirmation they could be at least Star, but not sure I want to waste a pick on that.

Might be worth throwing a flyer out on him in the early 3rd or earlier if you don’t think he’d last. But that way you don’t need to trade Murray until after you know if Goddard is a viable option and you don’t burn a 1st that you could have used on a legit prospect. None of them grading as an early 1st is definitely concerning. 

1 minute ago, Neumatic said:

Might be worth throwing a flyer out on him in the early 3rd or earlier if you don’t think he’d last. But that way you don’t need to trade Murray until after you know if Goddard is a viable option and you don’t burn a 1st that you could have used on a legit prospect. None of them grading as an early 1st is definitely concerning. 

You assume CPU or one of our other users won't take him early lol.

Thought about packaging deals to move up (Have 2 first and 2 second) but not really any players I really want to land right now. Probably will round out my depth a bit.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

You assume CPU or one of our other users won't take him early lol.

Thought about packaging deals to move up (Have 2 first and 2 second) but not really any players I really want to land right now. Probably will round out my depth a bit.

Yea but that’s the beauty of it, if he’s gone then it’s no skin off your back. You and Murray ride off into the sunset Lombardi trophy in hand.

• Like 1