Week 1 Games

Leader

Somehow, I think this will make Outpost happy with his rant against certain positions in round one. Something, by and large I agree with in theory. I"m not saying he's going to be happy the kid is hurt, but that it will further 'prove' his point. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001052896/article/falcons-fear-rookie-chris-lindstrom-has-a-broken-foot 

Edited by Golfman

Just now, Golfman said:

Somehow, I think this will make Outpost happy with his rant against certain positions in round one. Something, by and large I agree with in theory. I"m not saying he's going to be happy the kid is hurt, but that it will further 'prove' his point. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001052896/article/falcons-fear-rookie-chris-lindstrom-has-a-broken-foot 

Eh, this one actually hurts my point.  The Falcons were going to suck regardless, and there isn't a position in the NFL that can thrive with a broken foot. 

The way the Falcons played early, it's almost like Brian Burns or Dexter Lawrence might have helped their team more than a ****ing center. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Eh, this one actually hurts my point.  The Falcons were going to suck regardless, and there isn't a position in the NFL that can thrive with a broken foot. 

The way the Falcons played early, it's almost like Brian Burns or Dexter Lawrence might have helped their team more than a ****ing center. 

They both look legit after week 1. Amazing how far the Falcons have seemed to fallen from two years ago. 

37 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Dont know the story, havent read the article - but if the comment is based on a need pick getting injured and a consequence the pick was wrong...............does not compute.

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Atlanta was horrible. All of the VIkings scores were result of turnover or blocked punt. In other words, Atlanta mistakes. 

We won a tough road game with a rusty offense.

They won at home against an opponent who played very poorly and is probably not very good. 

I like our chances at home because the grass and lack of crowd noise will slow down the Vikings defense, a lot. 

Agree. But we’re in our 2nd game of a brand new offense. Even the QB doesn’t know what aspects he excels at within the new framework.

Our defense is gonna bring their offense down to earth.

Home field and the 10 days to clean up opening night is gonna bring our offense to life and slow down their defense. But our offense has a long way to go.

So it’s a close game, but I like our chances too. 

Edited by boratt

On 9/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, Leader said:

My Wish List - not what I think's gonna happen - just what I'd like to happen:

Atlanta over Minnesota (H)
Arizona (H) over Detroit - push
Washington over Philly (H)
Los Angeles Rams over Carolina (H)
Cincinnati over Seattle (H)
New York Giants over Dallas (H)
Pittsburgh over New England (H)
Green Bay over Chicago (H) :)

Two of eight Week 1 wishes granted. Hmmmm. It's early, but gotta get better.

How in the **** can you lose 18 times in the same stadium and come out woefully unprepared for the same ****ing offensive mindset and the same ****ing defensive mindset every single year and get run out of the building by a loss of 27 points? 

Anyone saying Mike Tomlin is a good head coach is just wrong.  He sucks.  He's a rile 'em up motivational speaker.  He is NOT a good coach. 

That type of coach works when you've got:

Prime Roethlisberger to go with Willie Parker, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Casey Hampton, Farrior, Timmons, prime James Harrison, Lamar Woodley in his second season, Clark, Gay, Polomalu...

As that talent has left that team...

And also... Steelers organization... EFF you for drafting a ****ing inside linebacker 10th overall.  An inside linebacker is not your solution to finally being able to beat the Patriots. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Golfman said:

They both look legit after week 1. Amazing how far the Falcons have seemed to fallen from two years ago. 

They are a weird team. That entire franchise rides a pogo stick. Over many years thy have been up, down, up, down, all the time.

3-13 in 1996, 14-2 two years later.
5-11 in 2003, then 11-5 the following year.
4-12 in 2007, then 11-5 in 2008.
6-10 in 2014, then 11-5 in 2016.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Anyone saying Mike Tomlin is a good head coach is just wrong.  He sucks.  He's a rile 'em up motivational speaker.  He is NOT a good coach. 

Agreed so much. I don't know if I seriously can say he sucks, but I really don't care for him. I know he has a good record or whatever but idk. Just never bought into that dude

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

They are a weird team. That entire franchise rides a pogo stick. Over many years thy have been up, down, up, down, all the time.

Look at their roster decisions. 

13 million to a WR.
11 million to a center.
7.6 million to WR #2.
First round pick on Ridley.
14th overall pick on a guard.

You put that much investment into receivers and interior offensive linemen and the rest of your roster suffers.