BDL 2019 Week 1 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Portland Horned Owls

Whicker

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Portland Horned Owls  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Williamport Soul Reavers
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2019 at 04:00 AM

Williamsport's team has ended up looking better than I thought it would during the offseason, but it's still not enough.

While I'm not as bullish as most on the Portland lineup, that backfield is so good and there's enough on defense to prevent Williamsport from getting going.

27 Portland - 16 Williamsport

18 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Williamsport's team has ended up looking better than I thought it would during the offseason, but it's still not enough.

While I'm not as bullish as most on the Portland lineup, that backfield is so good and there's enough on defense to prevent Williamsport from getting going.

27 Portland - 16 Williamsport

The backfield has 1 good player in it. 1.

Half the secondary wasnt eligible to play. 

But yeah, my team doesnt stack up.

Let's call it like it is. Everyone saw the roster, saw CMC and PM and said, yep they win. I mean come on. 2 other teams didnt get votes because they didnt show up .

Mind you I am still learning the gameplan writeups but because I'm not a professional coach and instead I described my intent, I got out voted 15-0 despite actually making an effort ..  okay that's cool

;)

Edited by wwhickok

36 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The backfield has 1 good player in it. 1.

Half the secondary wasnt eligible to play. 

But yeah, my team doesnt stack up.

Let's call it like it is. Everyone saw the roster, saw CMC and PM and said, yep they win. I mean come on. 2 other teams didnt get votes because they didnt show up .

Mind you I am still learning the gameplan writeups but because I'm not a professional coach and instead I described my intent, I got out voted 15-0 despite actually making an effort ..  okay that's cool

;)

Welcome to BDL. 

And ftr his guys are eligible. If they are active and play 0 snaps that just means they suck. 

This would almost definitely be a shoot out and I penalized him quite a bit for a trash secondary. Someone’s gotta win and when I don’t see either team making too many stops, it comes down to which offense has a greater fail rate. And I’m sorry to say but that’s yours in this game. 

• Like 2

Just now, Whicker said:

Welcome to BDL. 

And ftr his guys are eligible. If they are active and play 0 snaps that just means they suck. 

This would almost definitely be a shoot out and I penalized him quite a bit for a trash secondary. Someone’s gotta win and when I don’t see either team making too many stops, it comes down to which offense has a greater fail rate. And I’m sorry to say but that’s yours in this game. 

I get that. What I dont get is that I didnt even get a single vote.

But I dont particularly see a specification on how we have to evaluate matchups so, believe me, I'm taking notes.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

But I dont particularly see a specification on how we have to evaluate matchups so, believe me, I'm taking notes.

There’s no specification. You can vote however you want 

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It happens. Pretty sure it happened to everyone here several times. It will likely happen again this season. You just take the L and move on. In your case, simply put, at this stage, your squad probaby isn't good enough to compete with an offense like Portland. But that's why you're aiming at a rebuild I guess, which is fair.

To me, you really lack difference makers up front. Maybe Burns and/or Williams become that, but right now they aren't. And if you look at every other BDL team, they all have at least one player that does that. Cuba - Cox / Gotham - Watt & Jones / OKC - Von / NO - Atkins / Singap - Donald / Seoul - Jarrett / IC - Mack / Rome - Dunlap / Anchorage - Jordan / Hawaii - Clark / Hungary - Graham / Berlin - Lawrence / Camden - Chandler Jones among others.

As for matchup evaluation, it's really up to you on how to decide the outcomes of the games.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Like I said. It's clearly all about the 'names'. I'm looking forward to going 0-16. Should've just kept my first and not drafted Devin Bush. Oh well. Here is to a 3 season tank-rebuild.

I wrote up my gameplan for week 2. Probably wont bother sending it.

Eh just blame your situation on the previous owner that's what I did. 

But it will get better and it will feel so good when you finally smack down that one guy in a close game. I really debated quitting after losing to the same guy 3 times in a row in a single season (3rd was playoffs) that was crushing but here I am now being the crusher. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

Eh just blame your situation on the previous owner that's what I did. 

But it will get better and it will feel so good when you finally smack down that one guy in a close game. I really debated quitting after losing to the same guy 3 times in a row in a single season (3rd was playoffs) that was crushing but here I am now being the crusher. 

You’re welcome

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Like I said. It's clearly all about the 'names'. I'm looking forward to going 0-16. Should've just kept my first and not drafted Devin Bush. Oh well. Here is to a 3 season tank-rebuild.

I wrote up my gameplan for week 2. Probably wont bother sending it.

You did this in my matchup. RB and QB you said. Barkley and Wilson are huge names at those positions versus Ingram and Cousins. But that’s okay live to fight another week.