5down

3rivers

7 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Ben, Pouncey, Decastro, Foster, a healthy McDonald, Haden...etc. are all good enough. Let's not be overly dramatic. The players are there.  

I’ll expand more when I’m at work, but 4 of those guys are on the last leg. 

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I agree but we're (I'm) talking about right now. Right now they have the players to be competitive but they are not being used properly. IMO at least. 

Let me run down some thoughts:  Heyward, Tuitt, Watt can make a good front.  But none of them is so good that you need to overly focus resources on stopping them.

Conner is a really damn good running back, but he's not a shotgun sidecar running back.  He's a deep set under center running back.

Juju is a #1 WR.  But he's too nice.  I don't want him to become AB bad of demanding the ball, but he should have pushed the issue some.

Ben, Pouncey, Foster are not just on the back 9 of their career, they're putting out the 17th hole and possibly should pick up for the 18th.

McDonald....eh.

Haden....I wish we had much better CB play because he would make a really good FS right now.

DeCastro is talented, but he can help either Fieler or Pouncey, not both.

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Too few snaps for Conner, too many snaps for Samuels.

the offense was actually driving at the start of the game lead by conner and for some reason they took him out by giving the ball to samuels during the drive lol

Edited by August4th

1 minute ago, August4th said:

the offense was actually driving at the start of the game lead by conner and for some reason they took him out during the drive lol

I will 100% confidently say that Ben and Randy wanted to have as many unsung and different players touch the ball and do well as possible to 'stick it' to Bell and Brown rather than just play football.